HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

MagicHK

Found 2 photos from Facebook and I believe they are taken from the frozen area end of dec.

1) near the entrance of the frozen area. Is part of the fantasyland railway station undergoing some modification?
38CDB346-72F7-41A9-AB9F-FADFEF8E155B.jpeg

2) near the coaster area looking towards fantasyland. Is that the queue area of the coaster?
330108EA-51F4-4D0B-9565-0D4033E47E91.jpeg

Hoping to see more recent photos or aerial photos of the expansion pads!

IMDREW

Found 2 photos from Facebook and I believe they are taken from the frozen area end of dec.

1) near the entrance of the frozen area. Is part of the fantasyland railway station undergoing some modification?
View attachment 451812

2) near the coaster area looking towards fantasyland. Is that the queue area of the coaster?
View attachment 451813

Love it! Can’t wait to see more. Also love the backside of the castle. Should be a beautiful view coming back from Frozen Land

IMDREW

View attachment 451812

View attachment 451813

Looking at the people in the second pic made me realize how big the land actually is. The recent aerials made me feel it would be very small. But the coaster looks like a decent size..

MagicHK

Looking at the people in the second pic made me realize how big the land actually is. The recent aerials made me feel it would be very small. But the coaster looks like a decent size..

Indeed. The building length of the coaster is quite long (even longer than IASW). Really hoping there can be some extensive indoor scenes.
271EF9CC-613B-4F07-A516-05214EE8A07D.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 451812

View attachment 451813

I heard that Fantasyland Train Station will be remodelled to become Arendelle's entrance (not confirmed tho)

hkdisky

“as well as launching the next new attraction under its multi-year expansion and development plan, the “Castle of Magical Dreams”, when the tourism market shows signs of recovery”

“Additionally, the Castle of Magical Dreams will be unveiled in 2020, followed by brand new nighttime spectacular and daytime show, as well as the future opening of the new Frozen-themed area.”

marvel e ticket and reimagined project didn’t appear in the financial review

BrianLo

The financial report is surprisingly not as bad as it should have been.

The park really was on the correct trajectory leading into the protests. I'm still confident eventually this place will be consistently profitable... if it can catch a break.

jrhwdw

I like there still looking at 2020, even the Pixar Summer Event!!

I also like that PTN and(I think Flights Of Fantasy?)are in the "Seize The Magic" concept art! Maybe that means HKDL can keep PTN going with the new Castle Shows. Wish we had a reopen date! It sounds like China is doing a little better??

The financial report is surprisingly not as bad as it should have been.

The park really was on the correct trajectory leading into the protests. I'm still confident eventually this place will be consistently profitable... if it can catch a break.
Yes, the performance was much better than my expectation (given that both Moana show and Ant Man ride were just mediocre plus the castle became a construction site)
Surprisingly the park would have been profitable last year without the social unrest
Meanwhile HKDL's major rival Ocean Park only got 3.3 million attendance last year

I like there still looking at 2020, even the Pixar Summer Event!!

I also like that PTN and(I think Flights Of Fantasy?)are in the "Seize The Magic" concept art! Maybe that means HKDL can keep PTN going with the new Castle Shows. Wish we had a reopen date! It sounds like China is doing a little better??
That's the PIXAR Water Play mini-parade in Summer
Given that FoF has been running since 2011, I think it is likely that they will replace it this year during the 15th anniversary

ThemeParkTraveller

Yes, the performance was much better than my expectation (given that both Moana show and Ant Man ride were just mediocre plus the castle became a construction site)
Surprisingly the park would have been profitable last year without the social unrest
Meanwhile HKDL's major rival Ocean Park only got 3.3 million attendance last year

That is a very harsh drop for Ocean Park (down almost 43% from last year), especially considering it was actually beating HKDL in yearly attendance up until 2016. I wonder why it was so disproportionately affected by the protests last year.

That is a very harsh drop for Ocean Park (down almost 43% from last year), especially considering it was actually beating HKDL in yearly attendance up until 2016. I wonder why it was so disproportionately affected by the protests last year.
OP has been too reliant on mainland tourists, while HKDL has been diversifying its mix
After the protests, there was a huge decline in the number of mainland tourists in Hong Kong (by ~90% I think)
So it was an absolute loss for OP, while HKDL still got some attendance from the international market
Plus HKDL has been politically neutral, whereas OP was more pro-government
There had been a Halloween show with some ironic elements teasing the gov't in OP for many years
But last year, OP deleted the show and fired its producer to please the gov't, thus enraging the majority HK population
--> OP has neither local nor mainland visitors

OP has been too reliant on mainland tourists, while HKDL has been diversifying its mix
After the protests, there was a huge decline in the number of mainland tourists in Hong Kong (by ~90% I think)
So it was an absolute loss for OP, while HKDL still got some attendance from the international market
Plus HKDL has been politically neutral, whereas OP was more pro-government
There had been a Halloween show with some ironic elements teasing the gov't in OP for many years
But last year, OP deleted the show and fired its producer to please the gov't, thus enraging the majority HK population
--> OP has neither local nor mainland visitors
Not to forget about how HKDL is backed up by Disney IP, while OP is not
OP's charm was animal exhibits + thrill rides
But mainland got rich and managed to build larger parks with grander animal exhibits and more rides
So OP has lost its competitiveness
Whereas for HKDL, its uniqueness can never be replaced (except for maybe another Disney park, e.g. SHDL)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom