HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

MagicHK

This is how the tracks may look like with the latest hints from the satellite image, showing the first floor.

Last edited:

BrianLo

This is how the tracks may look like with the latest hints from the satellite image, showing the first floor.View attachment 424170View attachment 424171

Staring at it more and more I'm seeing the commonalities and show scenes of FEA. Probably the biggest differences is that a few areas provide more space on either side of the track (perhaps losing some of the boat ride through hallways feel), the upper level will actually cross over lower track (since the queue approaches from the opposite side of the attraction), reversing the direction of how the ride tackles the back portion of the attraction. There may also be more room to flesh out the back half of the attractions scenes.

Less likely there will be more scene, just more likely there will be more room. A Shanghai Peter Pan equivalent.

HKDLer

Found on the resume and LinkedIn of Michael Chase, Principal Project Manager of WDI Asia:

Apr 2017 – Dec 2021
“Arendelle, The World of Frozen” is a new highly themed immersive environment land development set on six acres of land, which transports guests into the world of Frozen. This new land comprises two attractions (a water flume ride and family coaster), a quick service restaurant, merchandise shop, confectionary, and a character meet and greet flex space.

Cropped from the WDI pic:
6EC14A30-1824-4CCB-9C68-D2BD05390902.jpeg

While not on the scale of 7DMT, the sliding sleighs still look like a sizeable family coaster. I wonder if the QSR shares the same building with the ride since the buildings on the left side of the land look fairly tiny. I’m hoping they would use the green space in the bottom right and bulldoze the entire Fantasy Gardens for a traditional bus bar dark ride which the park deeply lacks.

Edit: the square structure on the far right is an existing character breakroom.

Last edited:

IMDREW

So no connection between Toy Story Land and Frozen Land. The only entrances are from Fantasyland next to the railroad station and It's A Small World promenade. There's still a decent amount of land available between TSL and FL for a good Midway Mania or Toy Story dark ride!

Also, I'm so happy the coaster is coming for a number of reasons. It will give the land a nice kinetic energy and make it feel more alive.

MagicHK

Found on the resume and LinkedIn of Michael Chase, Principal Project Manager of WDI Asia:

Apr 2017 – Dec 2021
“Arendelle, The World of Frozen” is a new highly themed immersive environment land development set on six acres of land, which transports guests into the world of Frozen. This new land comprises two attractions (a water flume ride and family coaster), a quick service restaurant, merchandise shop, confectionary, and a character meet and greet flex space.

Cropped from the WDI pic:
View attachment 425238

While not on the scale of 7DMT, the sliding sleighs still look like a sizeable family coaster. I wonder if the QSR shares the same building with the ride since the buildings on the left side of the land look fairly tiny.

The square structure in the bottom right is probably where the “character meet and greet flex space” is. I’m hoping they would use the green space next to it and bulldoze the entire Fantasy Gardens for a traditional bus bar dark ride which the park deeply lacks.

Saw a job ad on LinkedIn. Hkdl is hiring a term contract project manager responsible to look after a “prop castle” project. This can almost confirm the castle will be a big back drop. I’m sill guessing the QSR will be located in the arendelle town while the confessionary is the square building the woods themed with Kristoff’s story.
Hoping the family coaster will have a few indoor scenes.

We never talk about the lake. It will be cool if imagineers can create some projection on the water surface of the lake at night so it looks like frozen ice?

HKDLer

I’m sill guessing the QSR will be located in the arendelle town while the confessionary is the square building the woods themed with Kristoff’s story.
Turns out the square structure is an existing character breakroom. My bad.

We never talk about the lake. It will be cool if imagineers can create some projection on the water surface of the lake at night so it looks like frozen ice?
It'd be nice if some atmospheric entertainment without character involvement happen in the land, e.g. Welcome Wagon show at Grizzly Gulch. Here are some of my favourite shows from Tokyo DisneySea's Cape Cod area in its early days. Performing on the upper level of a building or using a floating stage seems ideal for a park with space constraints.

PymParty

Looking at the new overhead view of the land we have, I honestly don't know where they will be able to fit a quick service restaurant, a confectionnary, a gift shop and a proper M&G indoor facility !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom