HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

ParkPeeker

using the new map, new castle, and the iron man ride video, I've calculated the heights of the arendelle mountain and castle. For the mountain I'm getting just over 100 feet tall (102?), and for the castle I'm getting 63ish feet tall.

ParkPeeker

Note that I moved the comd a couple feet downwards.

Calculated by visually using the new map’s widths, and the new castle’s height. 101/102 for the mt., 64ish for the castle. Just guesses based on what we have.

BrianLo

Given the humid climate and lack of attractions what the park still needs are equivalents to Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean. Pirates in particular is something you really notice and miss when you realize all the other Magic Kingdoms have it.

Grizzly Gulch also needs something else to make it feel like a proper Frontierland and not just an afterthought to the park's design.

Grizzly Gulch has a nice sized expansion pad (one of the few left). Something I always figured was destined for a flume or raft ride. But, the park has problem with thunderstorms, so I understand the drive towards several more dark rides prior to that.

BrianLo

There is a nice higher res satellite photo posted on themeparx.

I've said it way too many times on this thread now. The show building is bigger than Epcot's Frozen Ever After (it's actually not that much smaller than Small World). The track layout doesn't look like Epcot's Frozen Ever After either.

I know they keep calling it Frozen Ever After... but I also fortunately think there will be some substantive changes.

Attachments

• image-377.jpeg
    image-377.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 279

ParkPeeker

There is a nice higher res satellite photo posted on themeparx.

I've said it way too many times on this thread now. The show building is bigger than Epcot's Frozen Ever After (it's actually not that much smaller than Small World). The track layout doesn't look like Epcot's Frozen Ever After either.

I know they keep calling it Frozen Ever After... but I also fortunately think there will be some substantive changes.

Maybe it'll have the same scenes but positionally rearranged (not the order) and slightly expanded. I know someone here pointed out that the final scene was somewhat different, so maybe the scenes have more breathing room or something. What substantive changes do you have in mind?

BrianLo

Maybe it'll have the same scenes but positionally rearranged (not the order) and slightly expanded. I know someone here pointed out that the final scene was somewhat different, so maybe the scenes have more breathing room or something. What substantive changes do you have in mind?

Even scale goes a long way toward being more substantive.

Bigger boats, newer ride mechanics, larger scenes. Basically a purpose built attraction even if all the story beats and scenes are more or less the same.

Less of a Florida's Little Mermaid situation, which I think many still expect.

Timothy_Q

Even scale goes a long way toward being more substantive.

Bigger boats, newer ride mechanics, larger scenes. Basically a purpose built attraction even if all the story beats and scenes are more or less the same.

Less of a Florida's Little Mermaid situation, which I think many still expect.
I'm also guessing they won't be recreating the backwards scene, which is mostly empty walls on FEA

RandySavage

I can't help but like it. Its lean massing and proportions make it much more elegant than SDL's fat-bottomed castle, though SDL's surface/material detailing looks more realistic up close.

Some of the pics show the four new low turrets and walls in front (black below). This will help with the one-castle-behind-the-other aspect:

Looking forward to the buttresses being attached.

sources:

jrhwdw

Any rumors on when This finally opens?? Along with the shows??? I was hoping that the Castle and Castle Fireworks would debut on NYE since HKDL is back doing NYE, but no mention of Midnight Fireworks in anything that I've read....

SpaceMountainUK

I don’t get the color choices, if the goal was to make one cohesive castle then they haven’t done the best job. It currently looks like two different structures and I can’t see anything but the old castle and a new one built behind it because of those bright aqua roofs. Why not make all the main roofs the same red tone and let the domes (which I don’t mind) add the color?

Jalatto

Any rumors on when This finally opens?? Along with the shows??? I was hoping that the Castle and Castle Fireworks would debut on NYE since HKDL is back doing NYE, but no mention of Midnight Fireworks in anything that I've read....

I hope it's true. But I've read somewhere, that It will open during the first quarter of 2020. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom