HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

ParkPeeker

Look at that :eek:

mickeyfan5534

So far everything we’ve seen is almost exactly the same color as in the concept art.. 😧
Maybe they'll look better in real life then? Disney's had a really odd trend of stuff that doesn't look great in still photographs or concept art but looks good in motion or reality like Aladdin and Jasmine's updated costumes and the Beast's new look.

IMDREW

Maybe they'll look better in real life then? Disney's had a really odd trend of stuff that doesn't look great in still photographs or concept art but looks good in motion or reality like Aladdin and Jasmine's updated costumes and the Beast's new look.
Hopefully

ParkPeeker

I think it might look better than the concept art, I'm crossing my fingers. I can't wait to see how it looks with the revised hub area!

iluvTDS

Hopefully
Colour scheme is the last thing I worry about. You can always repaint the castle if the colour looks bad.
Couldn't say the same if the outcome of the entire structure sucks. To me there are simply way too many ideas, and I hated them stripping away the Sleeping Beauty Castle title.

Disneylover152

Colour scheme is the last thing I worry about. You can always repaint the castle if the colour looks bad.
Couldn't say the same if the outcome of the entire structure sucks. To me there are simply way too many ideas, and I hated them stripping away the Sleeping Beauty Castle title.

I don’t really like this storybook castle approach, how it’s supposed to represent all the characters. Like just choose one.

SweetDuffy101

Looking at the concept art, from the real thing, The concept art didn't have any details on the towers that are being put unto place.
Like the Mulan tower that didn't have any flower details. so maybe the castle transformation isn't really that bad at all.

Timothy_Q

Looking at the concept art, from the real thing, The concept art didn't have any details on the towers that are being put unto place.
Like the Mulan tower that didn't have any flower details. so maybe the castle transformation isn't really that bad at all.
There’s already TOO MUCH in the concept art.
None of which goes together.

If each turret has even more character-specific details, it’ll be an ever bigger mess

halbjobri

I also never understood why they chose to give the new towers ONION DOMES. It doesn't make sense at all architecturally and the only princess that I think the style corresponds to culturally is at most Jasmine? Why do all the other princesses have onion domes as well???

mickeyfan5534

I also never understood why they chose to give the new towers ONION DOMES. It doesn't make sense at all architecturally and the only princess that I think the style corresponds to culturally is at most Jasmine? Why do all the other princesses have onion domes as well???
Does any Disney castle make sense architecturally? They're all a mix of Romanesque, Gothic, and other styles. I see no issue with adding some Russian Revival, Tudor, and Rococo elements to one of them to make it stand out and at least it has a pleasing shape that draws the eye up that doesn't look like a box with sticks on it like Shanghai's .

halbjobri

Does any Disney castle make sense architecturally? They're all a mix of Romanesque, Gothic, and other styles. I see no issue with adding some Russian Revival, Tudor, and Rococo elements to one of them to make it stand out and at least it has a pleasing shape that draws the eye up that doesn't look like a box with sticks on it like Shanghai's .

Now that you've pointed that out I do see what you mean... but never before has a Disney castle had such clashing architectural features until now. I guess we're all just crossing our fingers at this point that the finished product will turn out okay and won't look like a time travel experiment gone wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom