HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

ParkPeeker

Can't help but feel it will be too big and will look ridiculous..
I also feel that it will be out of scale with the rest of the park. Main Street and the Hub in particular were not designed to accommodate a castle that size.
did 2 more quick edits with a fuller background. In terms of size I think it looks good, especially with those hills in the background 😮

HKDLer

One thing to note is that the new castle will be 50m tall (≈height of Sleeping Beauty Castle in DLP)

There have been rumours suggesting that Mission Breakout going to HKDL. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Below is the Parisian tower superimposed on a satellite view of Tomorrowland.
E290159D-129C-4BDF-A04E-59F96BE0C899.jpeg

Photo credit: themeparX and Google

Last edited:

MagicHK

I was in hkdl last week. While waiting at the queue of the antman ride, I was hearing background music playing the Pacific Rim movie theme song. Anyone know why?

Robbiem

One thing to note is that the new castle will be 50m tall (≈height of Sleeping Beauty Castle in DLP)

There have been rumours suggesting that Mission Breakout going to HKDL. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Below is the Parisian tower superimposed on a satellite view of Tomorrowland.
View attachment 383646
Photo credit: themeparX and Google

I know nothing about any rumours but i think this could be a good idea and fit for Hong Kong. It fits with its plans to be Asia marvel hub and is far enough removed from California for the ride to be marketed locally

ThemeParkTraveller

Where would Mission Breakout go? Tomorrowland/Marvel Land looks pretty full with the upcoming Avengers E-ticket. It does seem Marvel has gone back on its mandate that every resort will have unique Marvel attractions, as DCA and WDSP seem to be sharing the new Spider-Man attraction.

hong-kong-disneyland-expansion-map-disney.jpg

PymParty

I don't thing Mission Breakout will come to HKDL as the concept art of the area clearly does not feature it and HKDL is strongly rumored to be getting an Avengers E-ticket ride (along with DCA)
I think a TOT-style ride will come in the second gate of the resort but with another theme than the Twilight Zone

RandySavage

If this ToT rumor held weight, I have a sinking feeling it would be a replacement for the Avengers E-ticket (1. A much cheaper E-ticket option to build. 2. No prep work has apparently started for Avengers. 3. HKDL can't seem to greenlight major new projects without going through public LegCo meetings to find funding).

I'm thinking of TWDC's long history of pulling the rug out from under HKDL...

Last edited:

PymParty

3. HKDL can't seem to greenlight major new projects without going through public LegCo meetings to find funding

The avengers E-ticket was greenlight by LegCo along with the rest of the expansion plan and funding
Most importantly, LegCo agreed on funding an Avengers E-ticket so legally, WDI should not be able to modify the voted plan (build mission breakout instead of Avengers) without the approval of LegCo

BrianLo

If this ToT rumor held weight, I have a sinking feeling it would be a replacement for the Avengers E-ticket (1. A much cheaper E-ticket option to build. 2. No prep work has apparently started for Avengers. 3. HKDL can't seem to greenlight major new projects without going through public LegCo meetings to find funding).

I'm thinking of TWDC's long history of pulling the rug out from under HKDL...

As @PymParty said the funding and project details were pre-approved.

I think the changes to Frozen more had to do with some split R&D cost savings by building the attraction along with WDSP and there was another unknown project proposed for 2021 that I think just absorbed itself into the coaster instead. (Or is a Philharmagic update is my other working theory - I think we'll hear about it at D23).

But the odds of their Avengers proposal being so scaled back doesn't hold much concern, the details and budget were agreed to upfront.

Animaniac93-98

The New BBB opens July 1 in the area behind the castle. Royal Princess Garden is now closed.

The "garden" looked more like a temporary shed. I'm glad it's gone. Maybe it can become a HalloweenTime Haunted House in the future?

The New BBB opens July 1 in the area behind the castle. Royal Princess Garden is now closed.

The "garden" looked more like a temporary shed. I'm glad it's gone. Maybe it can become a HalloweenTime Haunted House in the future?
to be precise the new BBB replaced the Storybook Shoppe in Fantasyland
it's not really a new area of the castle, which disappoints me
coz this implies even after the expansion, the castle will still remain as a decoration and we cannot go inside :(

Animaniac93-98

to be precise the new BBB replaced the Storybook Shoppe in Fantasyland
it's not really a new area of the castle, which disappoints me
coz this implies even after the expansion, the castle will still remain as a decoration and we cannot go inside :(

Given that the castle looks like this as of yesterday, and the reopening is "first half of 2020", I didn't think there would be much of an interior.

Animaniac93-98

From my observation there is definitely space for walk in attraction.

There was always space for a walk through attraction. Just like there is in California now.

Whether they choose to build one, or have it ready in time for Spring 2020, is another matter.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up just because they might have the room to do it.

Timothy_Q

There was always space for a walk through attraction. Just like there is in California now.

Whether they choose to build one, or have it ready in time for Spring 2020, is another matter.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up just because they might have the room to do it.
I'd imagine part of the reason they even approved the budget for a new castle is the potential for extra revenue.

Anything inside a castle is awlays a big draw, they'd be stupid not to use it.

BBB will likely have its permanent location there. Most likely something else too

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

https://hkmsg.blogspot.com/2019/06/...z93VB7oOpZYPiAbz22EvAWJMGUGvBMOzeMMhO1D4D7fXc
Video and photos of the new BBB in HKDL
I think it's quite nicely done
Note that they've got two paintings of the new castle
If the actual castle follows the colour scheme in the painting, then I bet it will look okay
Wonder what will happen to the BBB in HKDLH though
Will they demolish it or keep it?

Okay but briefly note Aurora being a falconer in that painting? I love it. So much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom