HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Absimilliard

I was at the park last thursday and construction was much bigger than I was expecting. Half the hub is blocked off and a good part of the courtyard in Fantasyland is walled off as well. There is a temporary access path and sign through the wall that leads to the Winnie the Pooh shop.

The park was not so busy, but a few restaurants were closed, especially in Adventureland. Riverside Cafe, Tahitian Terrace were all closed and the Tahitian Terrace along with the store are under building refurbishment. As a result of that, the Explorer's Club was the only restaurant open on that side of the park and had a 30-45 minutes wait for food all afternoon.

Robbiem

I'm guessing the upper turrets will be pre-fabricated and just bolted into place.

I remember reading Cinderella castle in Florida was built like this so I wouldn’t be surprised at all. It’s fascinating to see Disney build a castle in real time rather than pre opening pr videos

Animaniac93-98

I remember reading Cinderella castle in Florida was built like this so I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

For reference.

BrianLo

It’s worth pointing out Maelstrom and FEA differ slightly. And the HKDL version doesn’t appear to be either at first glance.

Hopefully they saw sense and are sharing a new development budget with Paris despite initial reports saying HK would get a clone.

The show building is also about 50% larger and it actually looks like it’s being fully utilized.

I won’t get my hopes up outside of it being an actual purpose built FEA not beholden to a previous show building.

The origin of it being FEA is shortly after the announcement when at a press conference they scene for scene walked through FEA... but we also know the land has clearly being redone since that (given the coaster swap out). Perhaps it was just a holder descriptor after all while HK was being sold on the overall projects.

Timothy_Q

It’s worth pointing out Maelstrom and FEA differ slightly. And the HKDL version doesn’t appear to be either at first glance.

Hopefully they saw sense and are sharing a new development budget with Paris despite initial reports saying HK would get a clone.
Paris has budget for an unique ride that isn't a FEA clone?

ThemeParkTraveller

I just realized the HK FEA will be the closest thing to Pirates of the Caribbean at HKDL! o_O

There was originally an idea to add an entire Pirates Land to Hong Kong Disneyland, along with a Splash Mountain-esque version of Pirates of the Caribbean. It was rejected since it was cheaper to build the trio of mini-lands beside Adventureland (Grizzly Gulch, Mystic Point, Toy Story Land). Quite a bit of the original concept made it to Shanghai Disneyland in the end, although I will always miss this amazing attraction that could have been.

8c892ff24dce92924bad81fe71fbdda4.jpg

Last edited:

malice

There was originally an idea to add an entire Pirates Land to Hong Kong Disneyland, along with a Splash Mountain-esque version of Pirates of the Caribbean. It was rejected since it was cheaper to build the trio of mini-lands beside Adventureland (Grizzly Gulch, Mystic Point, Toy Story Land). Quite a bit of the original concept made it to Shanghai Disneyland in the end, although I will always miss this amazing attraction that could have been.

There’s still that large plot of land between The Lion King and Grizzly Gulch. I can only dream it will one day come into fruition.

BrianLo

There’s still that large plot of land between The Lion King and Grizzly Gulch. I can only dream it will one day come into fruition.

I’m sure it will, but I’ve got a strange hunch it’s earmarked for a grizzly river raft type ride.

ParkPeeker

It looks like a castle was taken and then each element was stretched farther away from its neighbors, that negative space filled only with a brick wall.
🤣😂😭🤣
The new HK one is the opposite; it is slender like Disneyland Paris' but with twice as many elements.
Is this a good thing or bad thing lmao. Sometimes I do feel it looks a bit messy since there is so much going on hahaha. Hopefully the colors they do choose remedies this (if that color rumor is true xD, I'm still laughing at it)

edit: pls be true cause this looks absolutely ridiculous, it's a small world esque

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom