HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

I was thinking about something the other day : I can't imagine the future Marvel land to open without any proper F&B location.
So I was thinking, what if they closed Starliner Diner in 2021/22, after Frozen opens with a big scale restaurant, to repurpose it to fit the Marvel theme when the whole area opens in 2023 ?
I think this would be a good idea as it would complement the marvel area perfectly and I think it is important to remodel the restaurant as, today, when guests enter Tomorrowland, the outdoor area of Starliner Diner hides the entires facade of Ant-Man and The Wasp and the restaurant sits right next to the marvel rides even if they have really different theme. This would still leave the remainder of Tomorrowland (SM, Orbitron, SW M&G) with one restaurant : Comet cafe.

EDIT : Starliner Diner already serves all the Marvel themed food and beverage offerings in the park
HKMSG_Hong%2BKong%2BDisneyland_Set%2Bfor%2BMulti-Year%2BTransformation_04_Marvel%2Bthemed%2Barea.jpg

I guess that would happen because if you look into this concept art, Starliner Diner is located at the right corner, and it doesn't look like what it is now. So probably a refurb of the restaurant is planned?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
...we came to one of the most exciting areas, where Imagineers were working on various models of new attractions. Fisher showed us a couple of models of scenes from the Frozen ride they’re building at Tokyo DisneySea. He said it will be very similar to the Frozen Ever After ride at Epcot. So much so, that it’ll be a boat ride just like Frozen Ever After, and even though Frozen Ever After is a boat ride because it is the reimagined Maelstrom ride. He told us the Frozen ride coming to Hong Kong Disneyland will be “decidedly different.”​
What I Learned:

• The Frozen ride at Tokyo DisneySea Hong Kong will be almost identical to Frozen Ever After.
    • The Hong Kong Disneyland Tokyo Frozen ride will be different.

Last edited:

RandySavage

^ Before confusion sets in, we know based on released plans and other info that the reporter or imagineer mistakenly switched HKDL & TDS
The quote would accurately read:
...we came to one of the most exciting areas, where Imagineers were working on various models of new attractions. Fisher showed us a couple of models of scenes from the Frozen ride they’re building at HKDL. He said it will be very similar to the Frozen Ever After ride at Epcot. So much so, that it’ll be a boat ride just like Frozen Ever After, and even though Frozen Ever After is a boat ride because it is the reimagined Maelstrom ride. He told us the Frozen ride coming to TDS will be “decidedly different.”​
What I Learned:

• The Frozen ride at HKDL will be almost identical to Frozen Ever After.
    • The TDS Frozen ride will be different.

IMDREW

I hope the Castle will be done really well. It obviously also comes with a new fireworks show and daytime show, and should be visible from every part of the park. The first of the latest expansions to really elevate the whole park imo. HKDL needed some high structures to feel more epic. And now with the castle, Frozen castle and mountain and eventually the massive Avengers building it'll hopefully accomplish that.

Other than Mystic Manor the park didn't have any epic buildings imo and now it will.

RandySavage

^Further to that, will they "relaunch" the park, as they did with DCA 2.0. Probably not, since the changes are spread out over many years.

I don't know when the RR reopens, but the Frozen access path project seems like peanuts compared to what will happen around the track during the Avengers construction.

Whenever it reopens, I'm hoping they'll make the RR cars forward-facing, as in Tokyo and MK, because there will be as much - if not more - interesting stuff to see outside the tracks versus inside.

Last edited:

IMDREW

^Further to that, will they "relaunch" the park, as they did with DCA 2.0. Probably not, since the changes are spread out over many years.

I don't know when the RR reopens, but the Frozen access path project seems like peanuts compared to what will happen around the track during the Avengers construction.

Whenever it reopens, I'm hoping they'll make the RR cars forward-facing, as in Tokyo and MK, because there will be as much - if not more - interesting stuff to see outside the tracks versus inside.

And they should make Mystic Depot a real stop for the RR. As well as a stop in Stark Expo. Then the RR would have 4 stops instead of the 2 they have now.

PymParty

I visited the park today, here are my thoughts concerning the expansion in progress :
- the moana show venue is very quite but the show just seems as a loss of time
- The ant-man ride is actually a lot of fun, much better in real life than on video. However, I don't think any of the guests really understand the storyline of the ride as it is really badly explained on a few screens in the really really short queue that nobody really pays attention to. The people I was with did not understand what Iron Man was doing in the ride and they did not realize that we were "shrunken" during the ride... I would also like to point out that the little Marvel area looks really really goo, especially at night.
- Work on the castle is well underway and I was really pleased to see that the scope and size of it fits perfectly with the rest of the park, I don't think it will look out of scale at all. However, two buildings are also built in front of the castle for the future projections and their placement seems very odd, I hope they will be well integrated with the surroundings.
- Not much to see from outside for Frozen right now but the area looks huge.
- No visible work on Avengers for now

IMDREW

Does anyone know where I can find a refurbishment schedule for HKDL? My trip is this july and I really don’t want to miss Mystic Manor!

Stevie Amsterdam

Does anyone know where I can find a refurbishment schedule for HKDL? My trip is this july and I really don’t want to miss Mystic Manor!
I strongly suggest you give them a call the day before. When I was there the last time I was lucky enough to go for two days. The first day everything was open but the second day both Space Mountain and Mystic Manor were closed. We did MM four times on day one but I was disappointed that they closed it for a short - unannounced - refurbishment on the second day.

PymParty

Looks like we have the official names for the Frozen land and its two attractions !
The boat ride is indeed called Frozen Ever After.... Hope its an upgraded version

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom