HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

lazyboy97o

There are numbers linked to the height levels (level 8, 9, overall top). Could this be the hight? Would be around 51 meters?
Yes, those are elevation tags and the bottom number indicates height. What I did not see in the video (and may well have missed since I’m on a poor connection) is the reference point from which those elevation points are measuring. The art looks like about a doubling of height so the 51m Overall Roof level may be measured from a point a bit below the guest path through the castle. It is common for parks to have a standard reference datum used by all projects.

Maybe a smaller version of the SDL Pirates area with the new ride Pirates of the Caribbean battle for the sunken treasure and the pirates show. It's a good IP with a lot of potential to improve and grou up the guests presence
Well, actually... the idea of building a Pirates area first originated in HKDL
The initial plan was to build a Splash Mountain "crossover" Pirates of the Caribbean "water ride", a Haunted Mansion "crossover" Pirates "dark ride". The two rides, together, would convey the whole story of Pirates completely.
There would also be a large artificial lake for Fantasmic! at night.
This proposal was banned by the HK government since it's too costly.
Eventually the expansion became the three lands (Grizzly + Mystic + Toy Story) that we see today.

The reason we are discussing this is because the Marvel and Frozen area looks almost identical to the ones that are going in Hong Kong.
I think the Frozen Lands in Hong Kong and Paris will be sharing some similarites.
Marvel Lands, on the contrary, can be very different.
Rides announced for HK's Marvel Land are Iron Man Experience (opened in 2017), Ant-Man Shooting Dark Ride (reimagination of Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, opening in 2019) and an Avengers massive E-ticket ride (unknown details, opening in 2023).
Rides for Paris' counterpart includes reimagined Rock N' Roller Coaster, Spiderman ride(?).

RandySavage

Construction of Adventureland Stage:
40628491851_d49ab7de37_o.jpg

IMDREW

Hi guys, I am planning an Asia parks trip in november of 2020 but am getting the chance to go to Hong Kong Disneyland next february 2019 as well. Do any of you know how the timetable of the expansions is at this moment? I know the castle won't be done next february. But will the new castle still open somewhere in 2019 or should I look more to 2020? And if so, will that change the rest as well? I mean, is Frozenland still looking at 2020?

And for my trip in 2019, I was hoping the new Antman/Shield ride would be open by then, but I can't find anything on construction process and timetables besides the original announcement. And that one shifted a bit because of the delays in financing.

Any help would be appreciated! HK Disneyland is looking like it's starting to become a really unique park and I can't wait to visit.

GiveMeTheMusic

Hi guys, I am planning an Asia parks trip in november of 2020 but am getting the chance to go to Hong Kong Disneyland next february 2019 as well. Do any of you know how the timetable of the expansions is at this moment? I know the castle won't be done next february. But will the new castle still open somewhere in 2019 or should I look more to 2020? And if so, will that change the rest as well? I mean, is Frozenland still looking at 2020?

And for my trip in 2019, I was hoping the new Antman/Shield ride would be open by then, but I can't find anything on construction process and timetables besides the original announcement. And that one shifted a bit because of the delays in financing.

Any help would be appreciated! HK Disneyland is looking like it's starting to become a really unique park and I can't wait to visit.

Everything has been shifted back a year -

Ant-Man & the Wasp 2019
Castle expansion 2020
Frozen 2021

Ant-Man was originally supposed to be open this summer, so there's a decent shot at it being ready n April 2019. The castle and Frozen will definitely not be ready at that point, but at least the castle should be done in November 2020.

HKDL is a wonderful park. Lucky you getting to visit twice!

hopemax

Is there a projected opening date for the Moana show besides "May?" We will be staying at the Explorers Lodge May 13-17 and visiting the park on 2 of those days was wondering if it would be open by then.

Thanks!

cheezbat

Ant-Man & the Wasp 2019
Castle expansion 2020
Frozen 2021

Ant-Man was originally supposed to be open this summer, so there's a decent shot at it being ready n April 2019. The castle and Frozen will definitely not be ready at that point, but at least the castle should be done in November 2020.

Seriously? The castle is going to take over TWO years to finish??? I was planning a trip out there in late 2019...I'm skipping it if this is the case. I want to see the dang castle finished for my very first trip.

GiveMeTheMusic

Seriously? The castle is going to take over TWO years to finish??? I was planning a trip out there in late 2019...I'm skipping it if this is the case. I want to see the dang castle finished for my very first trip.

I would estimate that the castle will be done by spring 2020, maybe even earlier in the year. What they’re doing is no small feat since they’re leaving the current castle in place.

IMDREW

Ant-Man & the Wasp 2019
Castle expansion 2020
Frozen 2021

Thanks! Gives a little more perspective. Really hoped frozenland would be done by end 2020 cause I don’t think I’ll make it there anytime soon after.

Castle is the most important thing however 😄

cheezbat

I would estimate that the castle will be done by spring 2020, maybe even earlier in the year. What they’re doing is no small feat since they’re leaving the current castle in place.
Still...pretty ridiculous that a structure is going to take 24-30 months to complete....and yet Universal can get a ful-blown E-ticket ride done in less time. Sometimes Disney really makes me sick.

BrianLo

I was avoidant of starting rumour mongering, but last month I noted that most of the site prep currently occurring is actually on the leftover expansion pad, NOT where Frozen is slated to go.

Of course the simple explanation is additional back of house, but there was an allusion to an additional 2021 project that they were still deciding on when this was all originally announced. Given the Frozen changes... could we see Toy Story Midway Mania in 2020 and Frozen in 2021?

IMG_0507.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG
161123131544-hkdl-siteplan-full-169.jpg

IMDREW

Looks like a Frozen themed version of SDMT has made it into the Arendelle plans:

OMG This is soo much better! The other ride sounded more like Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters at DCA and sounded a little meh for me. But I think HKDL Fantasyland could benefit very much from a coaster to bring some more life and excitement. Now I'm really bummed the timeline has changed for these projects cause I'll be missing it by one year :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom