HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

RandySavage

Wowzers. Wasn't expecting all that. Got to appreciate competitive nature of Hong Kong vis a vis Shanghai. I wonder if the tallest castle spire will top SDL's by a foot.

I also wonder how much of a done deal this is (I hope it all goes forward)... it will cost a ton and LegCo has to deal with the public backlash re corporate welfare.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
%25E9%25A6%2599%25E6%25B8%25AF%25E8%25BF%25AA%25E5%25A3%25AB%25E5%25B0%25BC%25E6%25A8%2582%25E5%259C%2592%25E5%25BA%25A6%25E5%2581%2587%25E5%258D%2580%2B%25E5%2585%25AC%25E4%25BD%2588%2B2018%25E8%2587%25B32023%25E5%25B9%25B4%2B%25E6%25A8%2582%25E5%259C%2592%25E6%2593%25B4%25E5%25BB%25BA%25E5%258F%258A%25E7%2599%25BC%25E5%25B1%2595%25E8%25A8%2588%25E5%258A%2583%2B%25284%2529.jpg
Press Release
http://news-en.hongkongdisneyland.c...?AssetId=06bb4d23-21ce-485a-a20a-1becc8863b9b

http://disney-magical-kingdom-blog.blogspot.com/2016/11/20182023.html

I'm so giddy right now...

Any chance that that is a dueling coaster labeled as "Marvel Attraction 2023" and, if so, any chance that this is the same GOTG attraction/coaster that is rumored to be coming to EPCOT?

SweetDuffy101

So avengers eticket , Ant-Man redo of buzz, frozen land with two attractions, and a new castle. Your move shanghai.
TSL , Starwars and Expedition Everest. for phase 2 i guess. and the Frozen land in HK kinda resembles the former TDS plan that was scrapped due to capacity of the land and exclusitivity issues. and the E-ticket maybe a similar attraction in Orlando. and Oakens ride system similar to Maters Junkyard Jamboree

Ismael Flores

Anyone notice that the Railroad tracks are not visible. Does that mean that the railroad will be shutdown and rerouted behind Marvel land?

right now Autopia sits outside on the outskirts of the railroad. This new structure and Marvel addition will take over Autopia. right now they left the track as is for the Iron Man expansion with a small building in front and the main show building past the railroad tracks.

This artwork also shows the area between those two buildings as guest area and no railroad track visible.

It will be interesting to see if they do spend the money for the huge reroute behind several buildings or if it is just all built around it with the railroad tracks elevated and themed to the area.

EDIT:
OOPs sorry just noticed that someone mentioned the railroad tracks

DDLand

I was beginning to suspect something was coming. I'm glad they're still committed and moving forward.

This is a bit chilling (pun intended). While mostly all visually stunning, this work looks to be very much the window into the future. Hong Kong was a bastion of the original, and it looks like that will cease being the case. They're very clearly designing the Avengers attraction to take advantage of the new team after Infinity War. It appears they're putting off the immediacy of development for optimum synergy. It will be 6-7 years until the last wave of this expansion hits.

Compared with the aggressive expansion that was about to be unleashed (with lofty goals of getting it done by 2020 according to some sources) this is slow and doesn't bode particularly well for the Resort's future. Gone is the goal of creating a multi day destination with two parks and a shopping dining complex. While Iron Man Experience and the Explorers Lodge will both be great, big expansion was warranted. Hopefully this will be enough.

It looks like Disneyland and Disney California Adventure's future may just have been opened up to us though. The physical size of the Hong Kong Disneyland expansion space for Frozen is almost the same amount of real estate utilized by Toontown and the theatre. I wouldn't be surprised to get an a Frozen announcement next D23. Star Wars is going to be done in late 2018, so the late 2020 time frame isn't out of the question for Disneyland.

I'm not following the castle design. Why not start fresh? Strange...

Ismael Flores

Now if only Disneyland in Anaheim got a huge revamp and got several of those tired old buildings demolished. Tomorrowland at Disneyland would look great multi level and they have lots of land if they removed or cleared the area.
the Pizza place and surrounding area, Innoventions, Autopia, and submarines as well as clearing up the air over the old motorboat cruise area would open up the place for a nice expansion

Sped2424

TSL , Starwars and Expedition Everest. for phase 2 i guess. and the Frozen land in HK kinda resembles the former TDS plan that was scrapped due to capacity of the land and exclusitivity issues. and the E-ticket maybe a similar attraction in Orlando. and Oakens ride system similar to Maters Junkyard Jamboree
Tsl but no one has spoken of swl for shanghai. And last anyone spoke the EE Clone was scrapped in favor of a marvel coaster. Where are you reading this info from

Last edited:

DDLand

That new castle is just hideous. It's a pile of random bits.

It's a shame that Hong Kong Disneyland is the result of so much reaction. The park is just this bits constantly being grafted on. No big ideas being carried through.
The castle is the perfect symbol of what's gone wrong. Throw anything that sticks. That strategy doesn't work though. The scars and oddities associated with developing a park with no plan never really go away. Just like that Castle hanging out in front of another Castle will be a lasting testament to short sighted investor's demands to have the biggest, the shiniest, the most synergistic castle. Not because they care about the experience, but because it has to show Shanghai what's what.

DDLand

Now if only Disneyland in Anaheim got a huge revamp and got several of those tired old buildings demolished. Tomorrowland at Disneyland would look great multi level and they have lots of land if they removed or cleared the area.
the Pizza place and surrounding area, Innoventions, Autopia, and submarines as well as clearing up the air over the old motorboat cruise area would open up the place for a nice expansion
Yeah, down with Disneyland 59! Who ever liked that stuff anyway?

SweetDuffy101

Tsl but no one has spoken of swl for shanghai. And last anyone spoke the we Clone was scrapped in favor of a marvel coaster. Where are you reading this info from

Well, i just read some of the posts on other forums, but hey it's just a rumor and just take it as a grain of salt. and if I were in the same country, I dont want to get the same IP or a clone attraction as much as possible. well TSL maybe a same land but there might be a different experience between the two.

andre85

So they described the main Frozen boat ride, Frozen Ever After, scene-by-scene, and it sounds almost identical to Eptcot's. Didn't see that coming

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom