HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

J4546

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
is it though? I mean, it looks really similar to the concept art to me.

I still think this is by far the best Frozen based expansion/land
Here's a more recent version of the concept art.

20220912160844contentPhoto1.jpg

It could just be the perspective from where the photos were taken, but the North Mountain rockwork and the Ice Palace model look taller/slender in the concept art than in real life.

Markiewong

It could just be the perspective from where the photos were taken, but the North Mountain rockwork and the Ice Palace model look taller/slender in the concept art than in real life.
Thats perspective. If you’re standing in the land you’re going to be looking up on the mountain. But this pic is taken from the beginning of mainstreet, putting it almost flat on the horizon.

cjkeating

From comparing the recent photos and the concept art I think what stands out for me is the lack of translucency. In the concept art it looks like the ice palace is backlit by the blue sky but is darker by the base where it is built into the mountain. Whereas in reality it is just one shade of blue with no gradient (unless it is under the tarp) and certainly no translucency.

Might look nice at night if it is lit internally, but that isn’t the majority of the day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From comparing the recent photos and the concept art I think what stands out for me is the lack of translucency. In the concept art it looks like the ice palace is backlit by the blue sky but is darker by the base where it is built into the mountain. Whereas in reality it is just one shade of blue with no gradient (unless it is under the tarp) and certainly no translucency.

Might look nice at night if it is lit internally, but that isn’t the majority of the day.
Looks more like a shadow on the art rather than translucent.

mickey33

Basically a black box space (purple) that can host productions like Frozen sing-along or the Musical Invitation at WDSP.

View attachment 672208
Are you sure about this information? I couldn't find this rumor anywhere else. It seems strange to me since disney never talked about it... They always mentioned 2 attractions. However Wikipedia speak about a third attraction (never mentioned elsewhere) named: Playhouse in the Woods (Hong Kong only) Does anyone have any information on it?

Also Is it planned to have a meeting point like in Paris in this land ? Thanks

DCBaker

Premium Member

Haymarket

Use the > on the right to swipe through the photos.

More info and photos -

It's really coming along! Love it. Have they started work on the Marvel addition?

InDesign05.jpeg

Last edited:

PymParty

Hi everyone !

Borders with Mainland China are now open, let's hope this brings big numbers of visitors back to HKDL and help the resort strive again !

On another note, I was wondering if there are any plans to bring back parades to the park (day and/or nightime) ? There has been absolutely no words on both Flights of Fantasy and Paint the Night since the pandemic began. Are parades at the park something of the past, or will they come back someday ?

This is pretty weird since HKDL has brought back some seasonal parade-style shows to the park since the pandemic began (Pixar water play street party, Halloween cavalcade...) bot no normal parades. Also surprising is that all the other parks (except SDL I think) have brought their daytime parades back, or at least have plans to do so (DLR brings back Magic Happens in a few weeks).

Looking forward to your answers, both parades were amazing !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom