Hilarious Splash Mountain on-ride photos

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I'm sure we've all purposely made stupid faces or poses on rides, but, for some reason (maybe it's because of the way the ride vehicles are built), Splash Mountain at Disneyland sees the most outrageous and hilarious on-ride photos. Please post your funny Splash Mountain on-ride photos, or post any you come across. Here are some of my favorites.

splash-mountain-9.jpg

tumblr_m1odxy9thQ1qd9jqto1_500.jpg

funny_splash_mountain.jpg

splash-mountain-4.jpg

HAHAHAHA! This one's my all-time favorite.

rixDOp2.jpg

tumblr_lmmtxjCaHG1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

funny-splash-mountain-reading-newspaper.jpg

MaxsDad

Do they have lap bars now too? If not, I wonder what the difference is (physics wise or behavior wise) between CA and FL.

MaxsDad

...and probably one of the most legit photos too.
I have a sneaking suspicion that some of those are photoshopped...

I thought the same at first about the video game one, but I see shadows now, and realized that the TV is likely just a piece of cardboard, etc, making it very possible, given what appears people can "sneak" on in their bags in other photos, to be real.

alissafalco

Pretty funny.. When I just rode in April when I got off my photo was covered in a blur screen and they said I couldn't see it because it was inappropriate! They said I had been photo bombed! So, the girl took me back through the exit where people were getting off the log and I got to ride again. I noticed teenagers behind me on the log but that's all I know.

Figments Friend

Do they have lap bars now too? If not, I wonder what the difference is (physics wise or behavior wise) between CA and FL.

DL's version is the original, with 'single' style logs, and no lap bars.
The ride experience is quite different then WDW's later version of the Attraction.

I find the primary differences, not including the different show elements, is the speed.
You pass the show scenes very quickly when compared to WDW's version, and the final drop is much faster...or at least it sure feels like it to me.
Might just be the smaller logs, but you rocket down that incline like a bullet at DL. I don't get that sensation at WDW.

At WDW, the 'double' style logs don't make it seem as fast, and you pass the show scenes at a much more leisurely pace.
This is nice, because the detailing and scale is visually superior to the DL Original and the slower speed allows you to have more time to enjoy it.

I love both versions, though the Original is a personal joy for how 'rough' it is in comparison to it's FL counterpart.
WDW's has the more fleshed out show scenes and a more elaborate treatment inside then DL's.
So if you want to see a great interior show, WDW's is 'it'.
If you want to experience the Original, and have a speedier ride, DL's is 'it'.

:)

Last edited:

Figments Friend

...and probably one of the most legit photos too.
I have a sneaking suspicion that some of those are photoshopped...

(BTW, no love for "Flash Mountain"?...... LOL! :rolleyes: )

Can't speak for the other photos posted, but the 'Tony Baxter' tribute one is absolutely legit.

Had to ride 5 times in a row to get just the perfect angle, and with the right Guests who did not put their hands up or lose their hats during the crucial camera-snapping moment.

:)

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

There are no lap bars.

DLR has plenty of local APs that always do stuff like this. My friends and I ride Space Mountain multiple times to get different poses. Splash Mountain allows for more "variety", given its openness and lack of lap bars.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
LOVE the photo of The Rock on Splash! That's our go-to on ride photo pose now, a tribute to The Rock on Splash Mountain. I have yet to perfect it on Splash itself, I always end up leaning too far forward.

I love his photo, too! It's simple, yet great. His posture does look pretty perfect. Keep trying, you'll get it, eventually!;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom