Hiking trails around resorts

Club Cooloholic

Thanks Kamikaze
If you have a car, lots of options in Orlando.

LovePop

Hiking trails? Isn't Orlando like, flat as a pancake? I don't think you can do any real hiking there. (I live in the Rockies. You can hike here till the bears get you.) But, I am also a senior citizen who is discrepit and dislike real hiking, but still enjoy walking, so I am planning to do "hiking on flat ground" when I make it back to WDW. My trails:

1. Walk around hourglass lake at the Pop/AofA.
2. Walk around lake of CBR.
3. Walk around lake of Poly, GF and Contemp, especially when the bridge opens.
4. Walk from south end of Fort Wilderness to the north end, then continue to WL, which is a long distance, like, maybe 2 miles.
5. Walk from Epcot to DHS by BW, then come back by BC. That takes an hour.
6. Walk along the river from POR to POFQ.

All the above "trails" have really beautiful scenery (lake or river view) and are very safe, with paved grounds, little or no car traffic, very few people, and everything manicured by Disney, and are all free (they are not inside parks).

But maybe you are looking for natural scenery, and this isn't what you want. It's my dream "hiking", though. I can't wait for the outdoor mask requirements to be over, and if covid hasn't killed me, I will get to WDW and do it!

Heppenheimer

Hiking trails? Isn't Orlando like, flat as a pancake? I don't think you can do any real hiking there. (I live in the Rockies. You can hike here till the bears get you.) But, I am also a senior citizen who is discrepit and dislike real hiking, but still enjoy walking, so I am planning to do "hiking on flat ground" when I make it back to WDW. My trails:

1. Walk around hourglass lake at the Pop/AofA.
2. Walk around lake of CBR.
3. Walk around lake of Poly, GF and Contemp, especially when the bridge opens.
4. Walk from south end of Fort Wilderness to the north end, then continue to WL, which is a long distance, like, maybe 2 miles.
5. Walk from Epcot to DHS by BW, then come back by BC. That takes an hour.
6. Walk along the river from POR to POFQ.

All the above "trails" have really beautiful scenery (lake or river view) and are very safe, with paved grounds, little or no car traffic, very few people, and everything manicured by Disney, and are all free (they are not inside parks).

But maybe you are looking for natural scenery, and this isn't what you want. It's my dream "hiking", though. I can't wait for the outdoor mask requirements to be over, and if covid hasn't killed me, I will get to WDW and do it!
The Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness walkway is sort of nature-y. Other than all the signs telling you not to leave the trail, don't go in the water, don't touch this, don't touch that, don't feed the wildlife, etc., the landscaping is fairly minimal.

And yes, this qualifies more as a "short, leisurely walk" than a hike.

DWFEVR

I thought they closed the trail between FW and WL because of the construction? I loved the old walk between the 2. If there is a new one..where is it exactly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom