Highway 192 Roadworks????

MISS MINNIE

Does anyone know whether they have finished widening the road on 192 - we were there last year and found lots of "mind the dust" signs and lots of traffic jams

Has this work been completed?

Tramp

MissMinnie....
We struggled with all that road-widening on West-192 last year too although we found a great way around it that took us onto the Disney property near the Animal Kingdom.

Even though we own timeshare on W-192, we exchanged it this year for a resort near Lake Buena Vista cuz we didn't want to have to deal with the construction and all that wall to wall traffic. Logic says the construction should be complete by now but we don't want to chance it.

Another highway will soon be constructed crossing w-192 just west of the Disney property near Orange Lake Country Club so that promises to be chaotic for quite a while.

Upvote 0

MISS MINNIE

Original Poster
192 roadworks???

We are staying at ASMo and will be travelling both ways from WDW to Universal - Last year round about the Walmart area is what I was talking about..

Has this now gone?

Upvote 0

woofboy111

I'm so sorry, but I'm not sure where that hotel is. I'll just say that in the evening, comeing in from disney gets to be a real hassle. (going in the direction of old town).

Upvote 0

CaptJeff

Most of 192 has been finished. from Disney to Kissimmee has been completed and the last of the landscaping is being put in place. unfortunatly west of Disney is still under constuction.
the new interchange at oceola parkway and I-4 is also completed.
HOpe this helps.

Upvote 0

sillyspook13

I am going to spend the weekend with my sister who lives south of Disney and travels on 192 every day. I will ask her what the current construction situation is.

Upvote 0

MrPromey

The area on the west side (near the Animal Kingdom Shortcut and Company D on WdW Property is still pretty bad but the rest is almost completely done. Seems like they've had this road torn up for years!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom