High ranking Imagineers Joe Rohde and Bob Weis expand their roles with Walt Disney Imagineering

PhotoDave219

I noticed that while this is a Marvel Property, they've worked hard at featuring it as just GotG and not Marvel's GotG in a lot of their materials which would make a lot of sense if when they were launching this franchise, they were considering the possibility of developing anything with this for all of their theme park locations someday.

It's been stated several times (Over a few different threads) that GotG is safe to use at WDW.

dumboflyer

Okay let's get this out in the open.

First: *IF* marvel ends up in DHS, it will be GotG and it will be a one-off.

Second: *IF* they actually go forth with it, it won't be decided until after the release of the Second GotG movie.
So then there's no truth to the rumor that I'm just making up here on the spot that once they vacate Captain EO, they will modify the Honey I Shrunk the Audience 3D show to "Hey Hank Pym I Shrunk the Audience" based on [Comic Book company which shall not be named within the boundaries of the Risk territory known as 'Eastern United States']'s upcoming film "Ant-Man"?

PhotoDave219

So then there's no truth to the rumor that I'm just making up here on the spot that once they vacate Captain EO, they will modify the Honey I Shrunk the Audience 3D show to "Hey Hank Pym I Shrunk the Audience" based on [Comic Book company which shall not be named within the boundaries of the Risk territory known as 'Eastern United States']'s upcoming film "Ant-Man"?

You're the first person I've heard that rumor from....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think Ant Man was an Avenger in cannon so I think it's unlikely.

dumboflyer

I think Ant Man was an Avenger in cannon so I think it's unlikely.
Way to take the proverbial wind out of my sarcastic post's sails.

Though I agree with you. And thus it would foreclose any opportunity to bring many (if any) of the upcoming Marvel films into WDW parks (Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Capt Marvel). I guess the Inhumans might fall under the same category as GotG, but that's a long way out (11/6/2018).

WDW1974

Bob Weis was involved with Disneyland's Tomorrowland redo? I thought that was a Tony Baxter production? I know Bob was in charge of the DCA reboot, which would seem to be a more impressive credit than the disaster site that is DL's Tomorrowland.

Not that I'm aware of. He was master planning Disney's America (imagine if that park existed today with what's currently happening!) at said time and then was fired. Baxter was, indeed, in charge (creatively) with T-land '98.

BrianLo

Okay let's get this out in the open.

First: *IF* marvel ends up in DHS, it will be GotG and it will be a one-off.

Second: *IF* they actually go forth with it, it won't be decided until after the release of the Second GotG movie.

I wasn't talking about DHS... California and Paris. Unless they piecemeal the DHS redo like crazy, it wouldn't make sense to have so many different Imagineering teams involved.

Thrilled that Rhode is still being kept. Bored that it's for Marvel. Rhode deserves to be doing original and cultural things.

Rohde seems to just be there for execution rather than out and out planning. The Marvel DCA/WDS plans are already set in motion from everything we've heard. It does seem to be rather odd for his wheelhouse though, I agree.

Bob makes perfect sense as the go-to lead Imagineer for building a new park.

WDW1974

I view this as a positive thing.

I like both guys and they are creatives in a good way. I'm a bit surprised considering their ages and salaries.

It's funny because a MAGICal member asked me recently whether I thought Marvel and Pixar would get their versions of the Star Wars Design Studio at WDI and I said I didn't think so. See, I am wrong at least once a year ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom