High prices at the Arts Festival food kiosks (compared to other EPCOT festivals)

Plowboy

As a bit of an aside, but somewhat on subject, we just returned from Disneyland California Adventure and I have to say I was shocked by the high price of food for the last day of the Christmas festival (1/8). Had the andouille sausage with red beans & rice and mac & cheese and it was like $15.00 for both. That's like $7.50 ea as compared to $4.00 - $6.00 for dishes at F&W. What gives?

GiveMeTheMusic

As a bit of an aside, but somewhat on subject, we just returned from Disneyland California Adventure and I have to say I was shocked by the high price of food for the last day of the Christmas festival (1/8). Had the andouille sausage with red beans & rice and mac & cheese and it was like $15.00 for both. That's like $7.50 ea as compared to $4.00 - $6.00 for dishes at F&W. What gives?

Greed?

GiveMeTheMusic

We're from NoCal and grew up going to Anaheim, but have been going to WDW the last few years. It was just kind of a shock after not having been there for a long time.

I go all the time and I was shocked at the DCA festival pricing. I went several times during the season and never saw a line at any of the booths. I wonder if they'll adjust for Lunar New Year and the spring F&W festival or continue being dumb.

Nmoody1

Bob Chapek

71jason

I will say, for all the complaints about "permanent" booths, lines (mostly for booze) were insane on Sunday. Germany wrapped around the building to get to beer window, Odyssey line was out the door, Rose & Crown was its typical madhouse. You could have had four more booths just selling booze and they still would've been busy.

I am Timmy

That reminds me of my first restaurant breakfast after moving down to the southouthern states. I grew up near Canada. The waitress asked me if I wanted grits. I told her I wasn't sure if I would like them ...so could she just bring me ONE?? Boy did I get a funny look !!
Ha! That reminds of a time in Orlando my DH was asked if he wanted soup or salad with his meal, he just replied, "no". Twice. The waitress just kept looking at me confused, I was looking back and forth between her and DH, and then I asked him what he meant. He replied," I don't want a giant salad". Holy sh**, I was laughing so hard I was crying, as we were both very tired. He was delighted, and embarrassed, that he was able to get a small bowl of clam chowder with his meal. I giggled while he ate it. Ahhh, memories......

Bandini

I will say, for all the complaints about "permanent" booths, lines (mostly for booze) were insane on Sunday. Germany wrapped around the building to get to beer window, Odyssey line was out the door, Rose & Crown was its typical madhouse. You could have had four more booths just selling booze and they still would've been busy.
This sounds like Disney has been successful in attracting locals on the weekends. I would hate to see more permanent booths blocking the lake view of world showcase.

-em

We went yesterday & tried 2 of the menu items-

Husband tried the cronut trio- definitely didn't look like the pictures but said they were okay but wouldn't try again.

I tried the short rib and that was amazing. Fork tender and the flavor profile was very well balanced. Definitely more components than f&w and while $7.50 is still jaw dropping I didn't regret it (like the $9.50 cronuts)

Tony the Tigger

We went yesterday & tried 2 of the menu items-

Husband tried the cronut trio- definitely didn't look like the pictures but said they were okay but wouldn't try again.

I tried the short rib and that was amazing. Fork tender and the flavor profile was very well balanced. Definitely more components than f&w and while $7.50 is still jaw dropping I didn't regret it (like the $9.50 cronuts)

Adding short rub to my list for Friday...:hungry:

Cletus

They ran out of the small doughnuts for the trio they are offering so they took the bigger ones and cut them up for serving purposes. This looks wrong on so many levels. Apparently the smaller ones will be back on Friday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom