Hiding in the parks

Rob562

After 38 years, WDW Security has gotten pretty good at "sweeping" the parks to make sure noone stays behind. Even then, there are overnight crews working in the parks. From what I've heard, they're all a pretty close group, so someone out of the ordinary would stand out (in addition to everyone having to have ID on them).

In the attractions, there are worklights that get turned on, so you wouldn't be able to hide very well with it all lit up.

Of course, anyone found would be detained and handed over to the sheriff's dept for trespassing...

-Rob

Courtney1188

Never had a problem with it at the ride I worked on...it's impossible! But that's because I worked at M:S. All ride vehicles must be checked after each group to make sure nothing was left behind, that no one got sick, replace barf bags, etc. And if anyone did manage to hide in the chamber where the ride takes place, there are motion sensors that indicate this. Because there is no extra space in that room, so if you're in there when the ride starts...well, picture how fast you're spinning in order to pull those g's. Yeah, you'd be a goner. Hence the motion sensors.

Rufus T Firefly

I figure it would be pretty easy to hide over in Tom Sawyer's Island. Those caves alone can get you lost even in the middle of the day. Or Pirates of the Caribbean would be easy too it seems since there are so many places to hide in the lineup alone.

At DL in 1973, two brothers decided to hide out on TSI until it closed. They were successful, but after the island closed at dusk they realized that their only way back out was to swim across the river. During their attempt, one of the brothers drowned in the Rivers of America.

joanna71985

Another ride it would be easy to hide in would be the backlot tour or Toy Story Midway Mania

It actually is impossible to hide in TSM. For one thing, sensors would go off if someone got out of the vehicle (and the ride would automatically stop). For another, CMs ride the ride after it closes to make sure no one is doing just that. And they also walk the track.

ScorpionX

Hi-ho, Kermit the frog here, the Costuming part of the Backlot Tour and in the Test Track queue are both great places to hide, as well as the Jungle Cruise.

Tinkrbell

Hi-ho, Kermit the frog here, the Costuming part of the Backlot Tour and in the Test Track queue are both great places to hide, as well as the Jungle Cruise.
If you mean it would be easy to hide in the tunnel that goes through costuming, no it wouldn't. After the backlot tour closes for the night, the barricades at either end of it are moved so pargos can drive thru the attraction, instead of having to go all the way around. Also, from what I can tell, the lights in the tunnel & some of the display cases are on motion sensors, as I have been driving thru it & had the lights come on as I drive.

JerrodDRagon

I would think hiding near big Thunder (in a bush or something) would be one of the best places to hide, of course even if you did hide there once you left you would get caught and get arrested any way.

NYwdwfan

At DL in 1973, two brothers decided to hide out on TSI until it closed. They were successful, but after the island closed at dusk they realized that their only way back out was to swim across the river. During their attempt, one of the brothers drowned in the Rivers of America.

Is this really true?

palmage

After 38 years, WDW Security has gotten pretty good at "sweeping" the parks to make sure noone stays behind. Even then, there are overnight crews working in the parks. From what I've heard, they're all a pretty close group, so someone out of the ordinary would stand out (in addition to everyone having to have ID on them).

In the attractions, there are worklights that get turned on, so you wouldn't be able to hide very well with it all lit up.

Of course, anyone found would be detained and handed over to the sheriff's dept for trespassing...

-Rob

Way back when......I worked on the design of the projection systems for Doug Live. I worked for a manufacterer, we had no name tags or uniforms. We worked at night for weeks and walked around the park a lot (never getting too far away).
But we saw the cleaning/maintenance crews working, they never gave us a second look.
It was a strange feeling being in the park at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom