Hidden Mickey

mickeyfan

Original Poster
Just curious!!

Does anyone else look for Hidden Mickeys while they are at the parks?

If so, where are some of the unique places you have found them?

DisJosh

Yup. I found one in Norway in the que area for malestrom, there is a mural of vikings and one of the vikings is wearing a mickey hat.There is another in the Land Pavilion.....in a mural on the wall there are bubbles and three of them shape a mickey head. Those are a couple i found my self and hadnt read about.

mickeyfan

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisJosh
Yup. I found one in Norway in the que area for malestrom, there is a mural of vikings and one of the vikings is wearing a mickey hat.There is another in the Land Pavilion.....in a mural on the wall there are bubbles and three of them shape a mickey head. Those are a couple i found my self and hadnt read about.

Can you please give me the "specific" location for the one in the Land. I look for it everytime and have not found it yet.:(

I did see the one in Norway!

My daughter found one in BuzzLightyear. On the wall to the right as you enter the door from outside into the building is the a painting of the earth and there is a silouette of Mickey as a continent.

mightyduck

I always try to find hidden Mickeys, but I'm afraid I usually just look like a tourist wandering Manhattan, gawking about...

DisJosh

I'm the least bit tourist when it comes to WDW but I still look like one.......taping everything......take pics of everything......gawking at everything. When you hear someone ask when the 3 o clock parade you realize your the WDW pro and theyre the tourist! I mean a tourist would even know what a hidden mickey is let alone know where one is.

My wife and I don't go out of our way to find them as that isn't the point of our vacation but do feel a little more of the magic when we happen to spy them.

www.hiddenmickeys.org

The above site has the most comprehensive hiddenmickeys list I've seen. By no means is it all-encompassing nor 100% accurate but it still has the vast majority of them.

markymark

I always mean to but each time I get into the parks I'm too busy flitting from ride to ride! I have seen the one in The Land! I spotted it whilst stuffing down a cinnamon roll!

DisJosh

Marky, doesnt your dancing Mickey ever get tired? Do you even feed him? He's going to die of exhaustion!

Grant

Hidden Mickeys

If you ask in Epcot Guest Relations for an info sheet on Hidden Mickeys, they'll give you some pages with details on quite a few for the whole WDW Resort... it's not complete, but it is fun!

markymark

Originally posted by DisJosh
Marky, doesnt your dancing Mickey ever get tired? Do you even feed him? He's going to die of exhaustion!

NAAAA He's got real stamina!!! Just like me HA HA HA HA !!!

Grant - is this the same in all the parks?

Grant

I don't know about the other parks... perhaps they have started offering it too. It's nothing fancy, just some photocopied sheets of paper, but it's interesting... It's not advertised - it may be part legacy from the Discovery Centre days..?

Maria

At Animal Kingdom

There is (or used to be) a place at the Animal Kingdom where there were 27 hidden mickeys in a huge mural in a wall. It was at Preservation Station, and the Cast Members were great helping us find them in the animals painted there. It was amazing.

MrPromey

Originally posted by Grant
I don't know about the other parks... perhaps they have started offering it too. It's nothing fancy, just some photocopied sheets of paper, but it's interesting... It's not advertised - it may be part legacy from the Discovery Centre days..?

That's exactly what it is. Ah, how I miss those days. Never needed to subscribe to Discover of Family PC magazine… Walked out with all kinds of unusual info on Disney that only someone like me could be interested in… Unfortunately, I guess there weren’t enough like me :(

mightyduck

Originally posted by MrPromey

That's exactly what it is. Ah, how I miss those days. Never needed to subscribe to Discover of Family PC magazine… Walked out with all kinds of unusual info on Disney that only someone like me could be interested in… Unfortunately, I guess there weren’t enough like me :(

I loved it, MrPromey... My mom is a teacher and they always had great resources there... I was disappointed when I finally became a teacher and it wasn't there anymore... :(

mej

I agree. I'm an infant teacher and all the groups in my class are called after Disney characters. I used to love to see what "goodies" they had to brighten up my classroom. The kids loved all the bits and pieces that I would bring back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom