Hi, long time no talk. New 50th parade cancelled.

brb1006

That float looks pretty bad, but absolutely agreed. Sword in the Stone was great. Robin Hood was a lot of fun. The Rescuers was good enough that they eventually made a sequel. Even a massively successful movie like the Jungle Book has almost no representation. Branch out a little, Disney.
Even The Aristocats was lucky enough to get a float for the Happiness Is Here Parade. Then again, the film is huge in Japan.

brb1006

Nope. Don't get me started on how the princesses are taking over...I have 2 boys and the princess stuff annoys the hell out of me.
I miss when WDW and DL parades weren't so "Princess" focused. Older parades from Disneyland and Walt Disney World used to have almost every Disney character together for a simple, yet charming parade despite the shorter lengths.

Nmoody1

I miss when WDW and DL parades weren't so "Princess" focused. Older parades from Disneyland and Walt Disney World used to have almost every Disney character together for a simple, yet charming parade despite the shorter lengths.

Can we just take a moment to congratulate the maintenance department for making the castle float last to still roll down the parade route today. If only they had put the same effort into Spectromagic! I swear that float will outlive us all

TTA94

Can we just take a moment to congratulate the maintenance department for making the castle float last to still roll down the parade route today. If only they had put the same effort into Spectromagic! I swear that float will outlive us all

The ideal thing WDW could do is remake SpectroMagic. That would hit the nail on the head with many fans and been a big deal for MKs 50th!
If Specto had been in Tokyo you can bet it would have been given the Dreamlights treatment.
While we don’t know what parade design WDW had in mind, pre covid, it probably went a completely different route then MSEP or Spectro. More like Paint The Night tech and projections.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom