HHN #30 begins September 3rd 2021

Animaniac93-98

Looks like we're getting weekly house announcements now. 7 more weeks to go until the first night and 7 more houses to announce.

EDIT: Bride of Frankenstein also confirmed (not surprising, since it was there last year). 6 more to go.

jonnyc

Eagerly awaiting to see if us Brits will be allowed in the country by October so I can see these houses!

If I can attend, I'm planning to do 3 nights - any tips on strategy? I'd like to hit every house at least once (twice if is possible).

JT3000

Eagerly awaiting to see if us Brits will be allowed in the country by October so I can see these houses!

If I can attend, I'm planning to do 3 nights - any tips on strategy? I'd like to hit every house at least once (twice if is possible).
I'd give you the strategy, but then it wouldn't be much of a strategy now, would it? ;) You'll certainly have the opportunity to see everything over three days. Unless you wanted to see everything once a night, in which case you'll probably need Express. Either way, if you're in the park during the day, Stay & Scream is good way to knock out a house and get a head start before the hordes arrive. Otherwise arrive to the gates early and don't enter the first house you come across. That's where everyone else is going.

This is all assuming everything actually operates normally.

Rob562

Orlando Informer posts a good touring plan every year, which gets refined as the weeks go by as they see how the crowd patterns work out and which houses are more popular.

As mentioned, your key is to be in the park before it closes so you can get in a Stay & Scream area. If you don't have park admission that day, in 2019 they were offering a specific add-on ticket that get you into Studios a couple hours before closing. Presumably that ticket option may return.

-Rob

mergatroid

This is weird. A UK site is advertising 2022 Frequent Fear Passes which is obviously an error as they won't sell HHN passes of any sort over a year in advance

They're closed until tomorrow (Monday) so I can only ring and query it then. I'm wondering whether they've got the frequent fear tickets in stock, someone's created the page to be revealed on a future date and accidentally posted it and also put 2022 instead of 2021? It could also be an older page updated incorrectly as it says starting September 10th instead of 3rd? A monumental up on many fronts

Edit: I'm not swearing just using a British term for a male chicken

Last edited:

jeanericuser001

Does anyone have any sort of knowledge on if they plan to sell frequent passes this year ?
Im worried about that myself. I suspect that universal like disney is slowly questioning all the benefits lavished on annual passholders when they could be making more money from just day sales. That is why they have reduced their seasonal events like hhn to simple day tickets only instead of offering a ticket that acts similarly to an annual pass. This is contrast to sea world/bg which is doing multiple version of this with some surprisingly good deals on tickets. Im honestly less eager this year for hhn and more interestested in seeing just how much effort sea world/bg puts into howloscream especially since a large percentage of this year will be new.

disneygeek90

Im worried about that myself. I suspect that universal like disney is slowly questioning all the benefits lavished on annual passholders when they could be making more money from just day sales. That is why they have reduced their seasonal events like hhn to simple day tickets only instead of offering a ticket that acts similarly to an annual pass. This is contrast to sea world/bg which is doing multiple version of this with some surprisingly good deals on tickets. Im honestly less eager this year for hhn and more interestested in seeing just how much effort sea world/bg puts into howloscream especially since a large percentage of this year will be new.
Unless they don’t want the normal crowds and beer sales, it would be odd to only rely on day tickets. I know for myself I’d save a lot of money if they don’t sell frequent fear.

mergatroid

Does anyone have any sort of knowledge on if they plan to sell frequent passes this year ?
The website says 'Check back for additional ticket products' but they're taking their time. I've been told however (by a Universal vlogger) that if you purchase a single ticket direct from Universal, that if they then bring out additional ticket options after that they'd let you upgrade using the original as 'credit'.

disneygeek90

The website says 'Check back for additional ticket products' but they're taking their time. I've been told however (by a Universal vlogger) that if you purchase a single ticket direct from Universal, that if they then bring out additional ticket options after that they'd let you upgrade using the original as 'credit'.
That is accurate. My first HHN I had a day ticket (thought I'd hate it) and I ended up upgrading to a pass that night, with the value of the day ticket going towards the purchase.

mergatroid

That is accurate. My first HHN I had a day ticket (thought I'd hate it) and I ended up upgrading to a pass that night, with the value of the day ticket going towards the purchase.
We want frequent fear too and have been waiting. We'll probably purchase 1 or 2 single night tickets this weekend and if they bring out FF we'll upgrade then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom