HHN 2019 Sep 6 - Nov 2

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Express Pass is clearly where the money is in doing this event. It takes almost no effort on UNIs part to offer the service, but they get an extra $100 or more pp, what a racket!

I won’t ever buy a ticket for this again. The normal Universal park experience is much less stressful to deal with and a better value for your money.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I think the show Universal puts on is good, but at this point I’d prefer to follow the creative process online and see those high quality 4K low light videos on YouTube than deal with the insane crowds and high prices.

Jon81uk

Express Pass is clearly where the money is in doing this event. It takes almost no effort on UNIs part to offer the service, but they get an extra $100 or more pp, what a racket!

Higher the price the better for any form of queue-jump I think as then fewer people will purchase and the standby line moves quicker.

Tom Morrow

Overselling Express has been a big issue at HHN for a long time. Typically your best bet if you aren't purchasing Express is to get there right at opening and do two or three houses with relatively short waits. After this point the lines will all be extremely long because all the Express holders are now powering through all the houses. The lines will usually finally die down once again about an hour and a half before closing time, at which point you can power through all the remaining houses.

Also yeah, despite the high quality of the houses and sets, this event gets less appealing every year as it continues to become tamer, more crowded, and more and more of a high school babysitting service.

It doesn't help that apparently Florida fall doesn't come until November now. There hasn't been a single cool HHN night this year, it's still muggy and sweltering hot.

mergatroid

Also yeah, despite the high quality of the houses and sets, this event gets less appealing every year as it continues to become tamer, more crowded, and more and more of a high school babysitting service.

Not that I'm complaining but each year the number of young ladies wearing short shorts or miniskirts with fishnets doubles. End up having to look at my feet as I walk around just to avoid getting in trouble from Mrs Merg :)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Does anyone know if they're gonna open the Stranger Things maze the general park guests for a day like they did last year?

JT3000

Overselling Express has been a big issue at HHN for a long time. Typically your best bet if you aren't purchasing Express is to get there right at opening and do two or three houses with relatively short waits. After this point the lines will all be extremely long because all the Express holders are now powering through all the houses. The lines will usually finally die down once again about an hour and a half before closing time, at which point you can power through all the remaining houses.

It doesn't help that apparently Florida fall doesn't come until November now. There hasn't been a single cool HHN night this year, it's still muggy and sweltering hot.

It was pretty cool (and windy) last night. But yes, it doesn't usually take so long. It used to feel like Fall a whole week or two before Halloween. This year it might as well have been August the whole time. They're starting to take this darn "global warming" conspiracy too far!

I'll never understand why people use their Express at the beginning of the night. It's such a waste. I can easily do 4 or 5 houses before needing to use Express, and ended up plowing through 15 houses in a single night several times this year, including last night, which was easily the busiest night I've attended. That was an unwelcome surprise. It used to be completely dead after Halloween. Can't even get through a final visit in peace anymore!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom