Vanity Ball [plastic surgery gone wrong]

Anarch-cade [80s arcade]

Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe

Zombieland Double Tap

Shows:

Academy of Villains: Altered States

Original Post (October 31, 2018):

Too soon for next year? Here are my guesses for house candidates:

Stranger Things 2 & 3 [CONFIRMED] - This year's maze was super popular. Could see them doing it again based on the 2nd season.
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Universal and Netflix are on good terms. 2nd season already green lit. Could be big draw for teens.
Haunting of Hill House - same as above
Halloween 2018 - Movie made $126 million in its first 10 days of release. Can't see them not wanting to capitalize on that
Blumhouse - It's like that house that gives out raisins for trick-or-treat. No one wants it, but everyone gets it. Possibly with Happy Death Day 2U
Pet Sematary
- 2019 remake released by Paramount on April 5th. Would waiting for box office returns be too late to start planning a house?

Academy of Villains maybe coming back. Probably 10 houses again too.

PLEASE bring the Classic Monsters maze to Florida next year.

What are your predictions?

As a reminder, no WB properties. That includes Friday the 13th, Conjuring/Annabelle, It & the 2019 sequel, Gremlins, Batman, Scooby-Doo (I think?)

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Having just finished Haunting of Hill House... I would love to see this as a house, and since it's Netflix and Stranger Things was a huge success, it's quite possible. It also lends itself far better to a haunted house than Stranger Things.

champdisney

With the recent success of the Halloween reboot, a film which was distributed under Universal’s studio banner, I’m thinking we’ll see a house on that soon. Although, I have noticed how at Universal Orlando, they’ll bring out a new Michael Myers maze every two years starting back in 2014. They’ve made it up to Halloween 4... now will they continue that trend or jump straight into creating a maze off of their new movie? I definitely see more Michael Myers coming, don’t know if in 2019 though.

I can see more of Stranger Things, even though there was really nothing scary about that maze this year or the overall show for that matter. But why does that matter when it’s a hot show and everyone including their mothers likes it?

Haunting of Hill House would make for a good maze. I could do without Blumhouse... until Spawn is released. Spawn would make for a GREAT maze. Don’t get me wrong, Horror Nights has created some great original experiences of traveling down to hell, encountering demons and fallen angels. Sure, Spawn is an IP but it’s an IP with some terrifying characters and if done right, it could very well make house of the year.

Also, bring back the concept of the Icon! C’mon Universal.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Haunting of Hill House is perfect because you have a wide variety of ghosts at your disposal and unlike Stranger Things, they wouldn't have to try to cast people as child characters.

As for the icon concept, I could take or leave it. I foresee them continuing to not use it as the event shifts more and more toward hot IPs that they want to promote.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Spotted a billboard in Orlando that just said "#BENDY" with a picture of Bendy from the indie horror game Bendy and the Ink Machine. Feels way too soon for something like that for the next Bendy game as there's no trailer and the developer is working on a different game first.

Could this be teasing something for HHN? The start of viral marketing for this year's event? Universal has been pushing the boundaries of IP and demographics the past several years. And Bendy is a pretty big hit that should only grow in popularity as a other game is being worked on and books are released. Plus, it lends itself well to the haunted house format.

Anyone know anything about this?

raven

Blumhouse again? I think the past 2 years should’ve proven enough that this house is a “one-and-done” (once is enough). Hoping for a Universal classic monster house this year.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Spotted a billboard in Orlando that just said "#BENDY" with a picture of Bendy from the indie horror game Bendy and the Ink Machine. Feels way too soon for something like that for the next Bendy game as there's no trailer and the developer is working on a different game first.

Could this be teasing something for HHN? The start of viral marketing for this year's event? Universal has been pushing the boundaries of IP and demographics the past several years. And Bendy is a pretty big hit that should only grow in popularity as a other game is being worked on and books are released. Plus, it lends itself well to the haunted house format.

Anyone know anything about this?

Creative director for Bendy retweeted this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom