Hhn 2008

SamnDawn060304

Original Poster
I have never been to HHN we have tickets for October 19th. Is there anyone else that is going or has gone. Everyday something else is added to the web site about the event I can't wait. I was there in 2001 but did not have tickets to the event so we left the park at 5pm I think. Is the express pass worth it for this event. I am debating between that and MNSSHP. :lookaroun I have to extra cash but for one or the other but not both there are three of us going my mother, Sister-n-law and myself. Thanks!

khelinski

I have never been to HHN we have tickets for October 19th. Is there anyone else that is going or has gone. Everyday something else is added to the web site about the event I can't wait. I was there in 2001 but did not have tickets to the event so we left the park at 5pm I think. Is the express pass worth it for this event. I am debating between that and MNSSHP. :lookaroun I have to extra cash but for one or the other but not both there are three of us going my mother, Sister-n-law and myself. Thanks!

As much as it pains me to pay extra for something that should be given for free (like Disney's fast pass), in order to see EVERYTHING - the express pass is something you may want to buy.

I did HHN last year, and it was my first year. I didn't know what to expect, and without realizing how the express pass worked - I missed out on a lot of stuff. I saw one show, and five out of eight houses. I did what I REALLY wanted to see - but I still missed out on some cool stuff.

So yeah, do the express thing...if you want to catch EVERYTHING.

khelinski

Thanks alot I was leaning towards that. Did you like HHN last year? I am not sure what to expect.

As I understand, each year is different. Last year was the New Line parade [Freddy, Jason, Leatherface - oh my!)

I loved it. The detail in those houses was amazing. I been to so many haunted houses in my day, but what Universal does is top notch. Completely different atmosphere (be ready for it!)

SamnDawn060304

Original Poster
Thanks I know I visit all the local ones where I live. I have to admit I am kind of scared :eek::lookaroun. Thanks for replying back does not look like alot of people on here will be going:ROFLOL:

Frees Fan

This will be my fifith consecutive HHN and I don't miss it for the world! The Express pass is a must for HHN and since you're going on 10/19 (Sunday) it's considered off-peak and the EP's are cheaper. Even so...I would strongly recommend doing Stay & Scream to help you get a jump on the houses. In order for you to do S & S, you MUST be in the park before it closes at 5pm and then you can stay in a holding area. By doing this, you get to see at least three houses w/o using the EP so you can come back later in the evening and do the house again.

Since HHN is a hard ticket event, I don't believe the Express passes should be free...during the day maybe but certainly not at HHN. The Express lines can reach 45 mins during weekends so you can imagine what the stand-by line is. HHN is A LOT of fun and this year seems really cool. You should check out the website and start at Case 1...work your way through to Case 8 and see what you think.

www.halloweenhorrornights.com

SamnDawn060304

Original Poster
This will be my fifith consecutive HHN and I don't miss it for the world! The Express pass is a must for HHN and since you're going on 10/19 (Sunday) it's considered off-peak and the EP's are cheaper. Even so...I would strongly recommend doing Stay & Scream to help you get a jump on the houses. In order for you to do S & S, you MUST be in the park before it closes at 5pm and then you can stay in a holding area. By doing this, you get to see at least three houses w/o using the EP so you can come back later in the evening and do the house again.

Since HHN is a hard ticket event, I don't believe the Express passes should be free...during the day maybe but certainly not at HHN. The Express lines can reach 45 mins during weekends so you can imagine what the stand-by line is. HHN is A LOT of fun and this year seems really cool. You should check out the website and start at Case 1...work your way through to Case 8 and see what you think.

www.halloweenhorrornights.comhttp://www.halloweenhorrornights.comhttp://www.halloweenhorrornights.comhttp://www.halloweenhorrornights.com

Thanks I have been checking out the website, they add a little more every couple days. We are doing the S&S. I have never done the Express Pass in all my trips to Universal & IOA and have never had a problem seeing what I wanted to see. But I want to make sure that I see all the haunted attraction that I can seeing as how we are only going once.:rolleyes:

Frees Fan

Thanks I have been checking out the website, they add a little more every couple days. We are doing the S&S. I have never done the Express Pass in all my trips to Universal & IOA and have never had a problem seeing what I wanted to see. But I want to make sure that I see all the haunted attraction that I can seeing as how we are only going once.:rolleyes:
Right...Your Express pass will work just like it does during the day with Express access to each attraction open as well as the houses. I always recommend people do the houses first and the rides later...I mean...you can do the rides during the day. HHN only comes once a year.

A little update in terms of HHN. The big three (Jason, Freddy and Leatherface) are back this year, along with a house that ties in with Liv Tyler's movie, the Strangers.

oh MY just watched a trailer for that movie :lookaroun When is everyone else going?

I'm not actually going. I'm too much of a wuss :cry:

I don't quite know how they'd work a Strangers house though, probably have you go into a house and have the 'Strangers' running about outside and through the house I suppose.

SamnDawn060304

Original Poster
I always buy a Frequent Fear pass since I live 20 mins away so I'll be going all month long...mainly on Sundays though.

That is when we are going Sunday 10/19 I was thinking that was prolly the one of the lightest days?

I'm not actually going. I'm too much of a wuss :cry:

I don't quite know how they'd work a Strangers house though, probably have you go into a house and have the 'Strangers' running about outside and through the house I suppose.

Oh come on now.. grab some friends and hold their hands I plan on it :lookaroun. If they let me LOL :ROFLOL:

I am not sure about any of it. :lol:

That is when we are going Sunday 10/19 I was thinking that was prolly the one of the lightest days?

Oh come on now.. grab some friends and hold their hands I plan on it :lookaroun. If they let me LOL :ROFLOL:

I am not sure about any of it. :lol:

Me and the fiance were going to go last year and were so close we even drove past the place and saw the Ferris Wheel but then we caved and didn't bother.

coasterphil

A little update in terms of HHN. The big three (Jason, Freddy and Leatherface) are back this year, along with a house that ties in with Liv Tyler's movie, the Strangers.

I think you may have gotten rumors/announcements for Orlando's event confused with Hollywood's. So far nothing has really been set about the New Line characters here, other than Universal would like to use them in some way but probably not in an actual house. The Strangers stuff with the trio is happening in Hollywood.

I'm be getting a Frequent Fear Pass again this year. I only ended up going 3 times last year for about 2-3 hours each trip, but I still had a chance to experience everything.

I think you may have gotten rumors/announcements for Orlando's event confused with Hollywood's. So far nothing has really been set about the New Line characters here, other than Universal would like to use them in some way but probably not in an actual house. The Strangers stuff with the trio is happening in Hollywood.

I'm be getting a Frequent Fear Pass again this year. I only ended up going 3 times last year for about 2-3 hours each trip, but I still had a chance to experience everything.

Ah right, I thought it would just be the same at both parks.

khelinski

Yeah I understand there's always differences like the terror tram as USH, but I always thought the houses were the same? :shrug:

Sometimes they are. The big three were the same last year. But a) Orlando has more room, so they can get more houses, and b) sometimes, each park creates something different, which is why there is going to be a difference between Orlando and Hollywood this year.

Only thing I am familiar with is Orlando. Besides the Bate's Motel, War of the Worlds set (is that still there), and the tram, on top of CHUCKY!, don't know much of what goes on with Hollywood.

Frees Fan

Sundays are usually not as crowded as Friday and Saturday BUT...in recent years it's been busy on Sundays as well. I don't think you'll see a huge drop in the crowds unless it's bad weather or something.

BTW...all eight cases have apparently been updated on the website. Check it out...if you dare...hahahahahaha!
:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom