Hey Mr (Pleasure Island) DJ!!

sittle

Original Poster
Hey gang!

I have been wondering this for quite a while. And I haven't found an answer so now I'm posting.

Does anyone know if the DJs on Pleasure Island (the one(s) in the booth that is visible from the main street sectio of Pleasure island, I think that is around the corner from the Harley Davidson Shop) are real DJs that actually play the music for Pleasure Island? If so is there a number you can contact them to make a request? Do they have a webcam?

Any other interesting info?

Thelazer

A web cam? No that would be to forward thinking. That isn't allowed anymore.

Hell, even showing the videos on the street is pretty much out of the question these days. Never mind the idea of putting LCD's and Plasma's all over the Island, extending them to the Market Place and West Side. Then use the PI live DJ's to broadcast not only music and videos, but also upcoming sales, specials, updates to all of Downtown Disney. Even do, GASP live remotes from the clubs and shops!

We've (the people who work at the Island) have wanted this to happen for the last 4 years. Yet it gets shot down when brought up at meetings and personally I don't think anyone in management has the "Vision" anymore these days something like that would need.

As for the DJ's. There is a phone, located next to the bar just outside of the Harley Store. You can use that phone to call up and talk to the DJ's.

sittle

Original Poster
Thelazer: Great tip about the phone!! That's AWS!! I will have to remember that the next time I am down that way. That is a piece of magic, right there!

Unkadoug: You must be a Dj.

And no DJ could possibly know what I want to hear!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Thelazer: Great tip about the phone!! That's AWS!! I will have to remember that the next time I am down that way. That is a piece of magic, right there!

Unkadoug: You must be a Dj.

And no DJ could possibly know what I want to hear!

Actually, you'd be surprised. Also, I said what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Music programming is very important to setting the theme and energy level of any venue, be it a small club, large dance club or foreground music for an outdoor area.

Most good DJ's can read a crowd and find appropriate music without alienating clientele or having to resort to a corporate playlist.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I did not know there was such a thing as a "good" DJ.:lookaroun

Here's to live music from REAL musicians!:wave:

There really are some out there.

Kinda reminds me of the joke:
What do you call someone who hangs out with musicians? A drummer.

liquid toez

Kinda True

Most good DJ's don't really take requests. They know what you need to hear.

Just this past weekend, the DJ in the booth flagged me and said that she was going to play a song that I had requested once about a year ago - ha ha what an awesome memory she has - by the way the song was "Born Too Slow" by Crystal Method

SirNim

Real sports organists > pre-recorded heavy metal music played by DJs at sporting events

:lookaroun

A subject I'm all too familiar with... :zipit:

VoiceGuy07

Actually, you'd be surprised. Also, I said what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Music programming is very important to setting the theme and energy level of any venue, be it a small club, large dance club or foreground music for an outdoor area.

Most good DJ's can read a crowd and find appropriate music without alienating clientele or having to resort to a corporate playlist.

Not a DJ, thinking maybe a Program Director.

kngjms

On the same subject... Does anyone know who does the hiring for the clubs there... I'm a professional DJ from the bay area whose going out there for a vacation and wouldn't mind spinnin out there... just to say i did!

Chape19714

it's part of Disney entertainment.
Disc Jockeys, Video Jockeys

Position Overview
DJ and VJ positions are available at Downtown Disney Pleasure Island. DJs and VJs may also be cast for conventions, special events, and weddings.

Auditions
Dance DJ applicants should have a minimum of five years of club DJ experience, strong technical beat-mixing skills, an on-microphone personality, and knowledge of popular music from the '50s to the present. Urban/R&B DJs must also have a minimum of five years of club radio experience, coordinate music programming, and create a personality appropriate to the BET SoundStageTM Club.

VJs must have at least two years of experience and an excellent knowledge of playback and switching systems.

Roles Available

Auditions are generally held in the spring in Central Florida and are by appointment only. To be considered for an audition, please submit a non-returnable promotional package to:

Disney Worldwide Services, Inc.
DJ/VJ Auditions
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

A performance video is preferred.

quoted from http://corporate.disney.go.com/careers/wdw_jockey.html

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
A web cam? No that would be to forward thinking. That isn't allowed anymore.

Hell, even showing the videos on the street is pretty much out of the question these days. Never mind the idea of putting LCD's and Plasma's all over the Island, extending them to the Market Place and West Side. Then use the PI live DJ's to broadcast not only music and videos, but also upcoming sales, specials, updates to all of Downtown Disney. Even do, GASP live remotes from the clubs and shops!

We've (the people who work at the Island) have wanted this to happen for the last 4 years. Yet it gets shot down when brought up at meetings and personally I don't think anyone in management has the "Vision" anymore these days something like that would need.

As for the DJ's. There is a phone, located next to the bar just outside of the Harley Store. You can use that phone to call up and talk to the DJ's.

LOL, I have the PI Live phone number programmed into my cellphone from when I worked there. I used to call PI live all of the time. I miss the video-wall at the West End Stage *moment of silence*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom