Hey LOCALS - doesn't attenance seem reasonable right now?

KevinPage

Original Poster
Compared to the last 2-3 years it seem downright manageable. Went to MK this past Saturday, and Fantasyland was enjoyable, even when I left around 1:30pm park didn't seem overly crowded at all.

Other locals I know who went to Epoct said that Soarin' wasn't it's usual 60 minutes plus, only around 20-30 minutes.

Right after 9/11, I remember the parks would be very vacant post Labor Day, but each year the crowded get keeping more and more, akin to pre 9/11 levels.

Didn't know if this was my perception or not. :D :D :D

devoy1701

I was there on Sunday...and I know it rained twice, but we hung out at MK and MGM. We rode Peter Pan since it was a 20 minute wait, Splash was only 15 mins, and ToT never had longer than a 10 minute wait! We might be back sooner than next month because we were so thrilled about the short waits!

KevinPage

Original Poster
Devoy,

I agree, we are going to AK this weekend just because the crowds seemed so happily manageable.

Heck, even my wife who can't deal with the heat or crowds even mentioned about going this weekend. I did have to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming or that she had some altera motive :ROFLOL:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I think everything is typically calmer until Thanksgiving. Most kids are back in school and no one's taking vacations. I was at Universal last Thursday and it was walk on everything. MK was empty this past weekend too. Well, except HM. :) Even Peter Pan was 20 mins.

wdwmomof3

I was totally amazed by how short the lines were this past week at Disney. We walked on to every ride with little or no wait. Even if the sign said that there was a 20 minute wait, we walked right on. When we were there last Oct, this was not the case so I was very excited. We only had one day per park and 1/2 a day that Sunday so I was so worried that we wouldn't be able to see everything but we did. I was very happy. :)

Is this the way it always is in sept? If so... I have found the perfect time to go. The only thing is it was sooooooo hot & humid.

Passport

It is very nice at the parks. After school starts, the parks are empty. Rainy today though and I have seen a few lovebugs.

wdwmomof3

Yea, about the love bugs.... if they are not already there they are on the way. They got all over my car on the way home in North Florida & South Alabama. I spent an hour getting them off yesterday.:hurl:

I-4Warrior

Sunday was totally enjoyable. To my perception, it wasn't busy at all. Even negotiating Fantasyland was easy. Schools are back in session all over the country and because of that, the family vacationers have mostly cleared out.

kubfish

I thought everday was pretty light. We followed TGM and TPlans busy parks and stayed away. I thought the 13th at MK was pretty busy. We didn't get back to the resort until after 11:30 that night. The disney bus line was packed, so we just waited until it cleared out and then jumped in line.

Overall we didnt' wait for many rides. The only ride that really got to me was test track. The ride shutdown for 30min and we were stuck in the queue. Took an hour to get on and to me that ride wasn't worth the wait. The queue for that must be horrible during the busy season. Doesn't make much sense how Rooms 1 and 2 open up into the same line. Especially when Room 1 gets out first.

PanfanAL

I hope it stays that way for a couple more weeks. I will be down Oct 6 thru the 13th. Any idea what the 8th(Columbus Day) might be like? I've been in October before but not that week. Also the post above was correct. I live in South Alabama, and the love bugs have started showing up.

Lauriebar

I hope it stays that way for a couple more weeks. I will be down Oct 6 thru the 13th. Any idea what the 8th(Columbus Day) might be like? I've been in October before but not that week. Also the post above was correct. I live in South Alabama, and the love bugs have started showing up.

Those are our exact vacation dates as well!

I bit the bullet and purchased MNSSHP tix for the 8th(Columbus Day) hoping most people would be starting to head home from the holiday weekend. Although I'm beginning to worry that it will be crazy...

wdwmomof3

Well... several Alabama schools have fall break that week and I know of a few that will be heading to Disney. We were there that time last Oct and the crowds were pretty heavy but manageable with fastpass. I would be prepared for Fall Break crowds but it's nothing like Summer. Regardless, you will have a great time!

PanfanAL

Thanks for the info. My wife and I both work for the school system in Alabama, that is why we are going then. I am going to enjoy it either way. I have been in June before, and I feel sure it will be better than that. Especially the heat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom