Pre-Trip " hey lets just go because we can " 10 year anniversary long weekend trip

We live about 11 hours from the house of mouse. This is trip one, where its not a full week. Go down and do a few things we like to do together, have a nice slow time, and see if we might want to then upgrade to an AP and do this a few times a year.

Trip will be September 7th arrival day, which will be room only so we can chill by the pool, have a few drinks and just relax.

Sunday and Monday will be park days, and Tuesday we will sleep a bit, and then drive home as its back to work again on wednesday.

We havent had an "us" trip in years.

Currently we have a Disney visa deal staying 3 nights at the new tower at coronado springs water view. Disney quick serve dining, and 2 day park hopper. ( one nights a party night and were not going so we will likely brave food and wine after visiting the castle :)

This is an upgrade as usually we stay Value, but it was less than 200 bucks difference between POP and the tower, so i said hey why not... Its our anniversary.

We will be driving from our home about an hour south of nashville,. We enjoy a good road trip, and i can never ever find cheap flights out of nashville to orlando, so hey why not!

Mainahman

Original Poster
Following along. You get a zillion bonus points for the dog pics! Beautiful pups!
Thanks! They are our babies, and im not sure how they will do with us gone for the first time. Thankfully its a short first time, and our daughter and her fiance will be at the house, so there will be some normalcy.

30 days from today, i will be in the car, and at this time 11:30 cst, we will be around 3-4 hours away from POP, likely singing at the top of our lungs and salivating for a pool bar drink! Were stoked for the first ' just the 2 of us trip" and ill continue to drop AP hints.

Mainahman

Original Poster
I hate the slow time between when you book, and when the little dates start popping up. Being at the 30 day mark, Our magic bands should be shipping shortly. Until then, im entertaining myself with the nightly game of " whats the wait time for:" its keeping me going, as i want to be there NOW!!! channeling my inner veruka salt.. ( i'm also a huge huge gene wilder fan)

Rista1313

I hate the slow time between when you book, and when the little dates start popping up. Being at the 30 day mark, Our magic bands should be shipping shortly. Until then, im entertaining myself with the nightly game of " whats the wait time for:" its keeping me going, as i want to be there NOW!!! channeling my inner veruka salt.. ( i'm also a huge huge gene wilder fan)

I swear last week I looked and it was 40 days... now it's only 38..... time is moving so slowly!

Mainahman

Original Poster
I swear last week I looked and it was 40 days... now it's only 38..... time is moving so slowly!
I will agree with that! its been a stressful time the last few weeks anyways, so its making time go really slow. I need Mickey time now!

Mainahman

Original Poster
25 days!!! good news!! i woke up today, and guess what!! Magic bands have shipped! Things are getting real! My wife is traveling back home next week to take my neice home from her "summer vacation" with us. Northern Schools have not started yet, like our southern ones have. ( secretly im glad im not spending 24 hours in a car with all those people) It will be me and the dogs for a week. What ever will i do? I can see lots of Disney movies being watched!! ( im not a fan of actual TV unless its Hockey GO PREDS!) Got to do some digging, find our ears, get the luggage out, as its a short little stint after she gets back till we leave for the world!!!

Mainahman

Original Poster
Sorry for the delays! Wife was out of town last week, so everything was messed up. Although a bit ago magic bands came! So now we have everything we need. Still a few things like ponchos and such to pick up locally. Got new tires for the car, it gets an oil change this Saturday and an alignment. So we're set to go! 11 days from today I'll be just about there!

We've bee trying to explain to the dogs that the magic bands are not for them... We just get the but y we can't go with looks!!

IMG_20190827_124530.jpg
IMG_20190827_124445.jpg
IMG_20190827_124425.jpg

Mainahman

Original Poster
Took Miss Harley to the vet to get her yearly shots before we leave. Its insane that were on the road in just like 4 days. Hopefully Dorian stays away, as the weather looks good right now for us! Cant wait to be sipping cocktails at Petals, and sitting by the Hippy Dippy Pool on saturday!

Dave B

Thank you! They keep us on our toes, but i wouldnt change it for anything! It will be hard to be away from them, but My daughter will be at the house with them. and they looove her, so once they get over the initial " mom and dad didnt come home today" first day they should be fine.

Back to the trip :) Trying to find last minute ( i consider 44 days now last minute) dining reservations. While we killed quick service dining plan, as we really didnt need it this time, as we can share, we wanted a nice sit down dinner at least one night. We do this each trip usually. Pay out of pocket for at least 1, as we dont like being tied down to the standard dining plan. I think we will resort dine Saturday night after we arrive, and then find something at EPCOT Monday night on our last night there. We wanted YAK, and Yeti, as its our go to, for lunch Monday, but the only open reservation would make us late to MK for the Halloween party... SO lets see whats next!
If you join Laundry's reward program, it cost $25 and they give you a $25 credit and a birthday $25 credit, it allows you entrance to there restaurants without a reservation and Yak and Yeti is one of them, we walked up last year with a wait out the door, had no ADR and were seated in less than 10 minutes, it guarantees you to eat there anytime you want

Last edited:

Mainahman

Original Poster
If you joing Laundry's reward program, it cost $25 and they give you a $25 credit and a birthday $25 credit, it allows you entrance to there restaurants without a reservation and Yak and Yeti is one of them, we walked up last year with a wait out the door, had no ADR and were seated in less than 10 minutes, it guarantees you to eat there anytime you want
that is good to know! We may have to do that for future trips for sure!

Rista1313

Took Miss Harley to the vet to get her yearly shots before we leave. Its insane that were on the road in just like 4 days. Hopefully Dorian stays away, as the weather looks good right now for us! Cant wait to be sipping cocktails at Petals, and sitting by the Hippy Dippy Pool on saturday!

If you see us, please say hello!

Mainahman

Original Poster
Like 42 hours to wheels up! ill take the best notes i can so i can do a short trip report of the actual trip. We started to pack last night, prepping the daughter and fiance how to feed the fish tanks, and the dogs, as they are in charge for a few days while were out of town. Ive simplified everything, so we should be good, but i always stress about leaving them. Cant wait!!

Mainahman

Original Poster
Spent last night doing final prep for my daughter and her Fiance. They are staying with us right now, while they source a new apartment, so it shouldnt be too hard on the pups. Ive trained them when to feed my fish ( i keep saltwater so its a bit more in depth) prepared extra top off water, and showed her how to keep the dogs sorted and fed etc. Im probably over thinking, but this is the first time ive been away from them since weve had these 2. my older 2 wont care, they are used to people in and out, but Harley and Max have never been without us. Thankfully they are around my daughter and Fiance every day, and pretty much since they came home at 12 weeks, so its normal to them.

In reality ill only be gone for 3 nights so it wont be too too bad, and a test for July when we head back to WDW with my oldest niece and nephew for their first trip, and well be gone a week. Fish will be easy. Feed them, and were good Ha! Were stoked! This time tomorrow, we should start seeing signs for WDW, or at least be within an hour or so of seeing them, at least thats the hope.

The route we take avoids all big cities, and because were so close to I65, its easier to go down through Alabama, and come in through Tallahassee. Cant wait!!! Never did talk the wife into a costume for the Halloween party, but hey, maybe she finds something there.

Looking forward to day number 1 of cocktails at Petals, and a float in the hippy dippy pool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom