Pre-Trip " hey lets just go because we can " 10 year anniversary long weekend trip

We live about 11 hours from the house of mouse. This is trip one, where its not a full week. Go down and do a few things we like to do together, have a nice slow time, and see if we might want to then upgrade to an AP and do this a few times a year.

Trip will be September 7th arrival day, which will be room only so we can chill by the pool, have a few drinks and just relax.

Sunday and Monday will be park days, and Tuesday we will sleep a bit, and then drive home as its back to work again on wednesday.

We havent had an "us" trip in years.

Currently we have a Disney visa deal staying 3 nights at the new tower at coronado springs water view. Disney quick serve dining, and 2 day park hopper. ( one nights a party night and were not going so we will likely brave food and wine after visiting the castle :)

This is an upgrade as usually we stay Value, but it was less than 200 bucks difference between POP and the tower, so i said hey why not... Its our anniversary.

We will be driving from our home about an hour south of nashville,. We enjoy a good road trip, and i can never ever find cheap flights out of nashville to orlando, so hey why not!

Mainahman

Original Poster
Leave it to my loving wife to make changes after i post.... Looks like we will be going to our old reliable of POP Century. Same dates, and where its a short trip, were cutting the dining plan, and adding 2 Not so Scary Halloween Party tickets so we can experience it for the first time!

Mainahman

Original Poster
You'd think as a "IT" guy, I'd love to boom it all online, but I totally prefer calling Disney. Trip is finalized, and paid in full. Got me all those nice Disney visa points too! 45 or so days till we are back where we feel happiest. Halloween tickets have shipped and are on our way to us as well. Now to start prepping the pups for us to be gone. We have 4 dogs. 2 older that are accustomed to us leaving, and 2 pups, one 13 months and one that's 10 months as I type this. Time to explain mouse time to them, and make sure we get Pluto to send something back to them! How could you not love these faces?
IMG_20190711_212902.jpg
IMG_20190720_215729.jpg

Mainahman

Original Poster
following along. Love the pups:)
Thank you! They keep us on our toes, but i wouldnt change it for anything! It will be hard to be away from them, but My daughter will be at the house with them. and they looove her, so once they get over the initial " mom and dad didnt come home today" first day they should be fine.

Back to the trip :) Trying to find last minute ( i consider 44 days now last minute) dining reservations. While we killed quick service dining plan, as we really didnt need it this time, as we can share, we wanted a nice sit down dinner at least one night. We do this each trip usually. Pay out of pocket for at least 1, as we dont like being tied down to the standard dining plan. I think we will resort dine Saturday night after we arrive, and then find something at EPCOT Monday night on our last night there. We wanted YAK, and Yeti, as its our go to, for lunch Monday, but the only open reservation would make us late to MK for the Halloween party... SO lets see whats next!

Mainahman

Original Poster
Welcome all!! We are excited for this little impromptu trip!

My wife is currently consuming her time trying to find a reservation for Yak and Yeti that fits into our plans etc. Weve decided that the day we arrive to POP, we will hang by Petals Pool bar, have a few drinks, eat something tasty from the food court and hit our room for a good sleep before hitting AK first thing sunday morning, followed by the MK for the party!!!!

Mainahman

Original Poster
Disney never ever stops surprising me. Couldn't find a dining reservation for yak and yeti for lunch on Sunday. It's the little bit of out short trip we're spending at AK, and it's by far our favorite place to eat on property. One call to dining, and some pixie dust, and we now have a reservation for 2 at a time that won't make us late to MK for the Halloween party! Likely made my wife's day, and trip with just that.

I called from the back deck, so I could put them on speakerphone while I waited, and had some great help! She may not have thumbs but she's got my heart! I'm already wondering if she'd wear a set of ears of I tried, of she'd try to eat them....
IMG_20190725_193950.jpg

Mainahman

Original Poster
So quick update! Cards for the not so scary halloween party have arrived! another week or so, and the magic bands should ship. Cant wait!!

Rista1313

They came in as a card. look like a gift card, but were the tickets. No paper ticket anymore i guess?

We are going in September and I see my "tickets" under my tickets on the website, but I guess I wasn't aware they sent you anything. I just assumed they were loaded on your magic bands.

PacNWTigger

You'd think as a "IT" guy, I'd love to boom it all online, but I totally prefer calling Disney. Trip is finalized, and paid in full. Got me all those nice Disney visa points too! 45 or so days till we are back where we feel happiest. Halloween tickets have shipped and are on our way to us as well. Now to start prepping the pups for us to be gone. We have 4 dogs. 2 older that are accustomed to us leaving, and 2 pups, one 13 months and one that's 10 months as I type this. Time to explain mouse time to them, and make sure we get Pluto to send something back to them! How could you not love these faces? View attachment 392913View attachment 392914
Your fur babies are adorable!! The first one reminds me of my Kricket. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom