Pre-Trip Hey Howdy Hey! Or... Hey Gobble Hey! Thanksgiving 2019

Hello! I have been reading on the forums for a WHILE now, and have always wanted to do a trip report! My family has been taking trips to Disney since I was little, so I have grown up with a love for the World. I’ve been twice this year so far (maybe I’ll get around to making a TR for those trips!) but for now I am planning a trip over Thanksgiving!

The Details:
Who: Me, my sister (SB), and my cousins (P) & (S). SB and I just went on a trip in June, and can’t seem to stay away! S has been with us to Disney twice. P has not spent much time in Disney in about 14 years, and has never been with us before. We are all SO excited!

When: November 24- November 29, 2019

Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort with 4-day Park Hoppers

We are super excited to have this girls’ trip! SB and I have stayed at Pop before, but that was back in 2004 when we were kids. We can’t wait to see the renovated rooms and ride the SKYLINER! We are also thrilled to see Galaxy’s Edge. P has never seen Pandora or TSL, so she is looking forward to that as well! None of us have ever been in November (but we did go over New Years this past year), so any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Up next... the schedule!

Last edited:

ToInfinity

Original Poster
The Schedule!!

Sunday: Travel Day & Disney Springs/Boardwalk
We are driving this trip! The plan is to not leave *too* early, but early enough to miss some traffic. I hope to be on the road by 6 am. We will have breakfast on the road (we usually stop at Chick-fil-A) and lunch will either be on the road or when arrive at Disney, depending on how hungry we are! Hopefully, we will arrive at Pop around 1-2. We have a standard pool view, however I have requested the 50’s section due to its more central location from what I can tell on the maps. The current plan is to arrive, explore the hotel, and then head to the Boardwalk to relax and ride the Surrey Bikes! SB and I did this a long time ago, but she is really wanting to do it again on this trip. Afterwards, we will head to Disney Springs for dinner and a calm
evening. Not sure where we want to eat yet.

Monday: Hollywood Studios
We have an ADR for 50’s Prime Time Cafe for lunch!

Tuesday: Magic Kingdom
We have an ADR for The Plaza Restaurant for lunch!

Wednesday: Epcot/Magic Kingdom EMH
No dining reservations this day! We enjoy wandering around the WS and eating somewhere in the moment! After we are through at Epcot, (not sure if seeing the new nighttime show yet) we will park hop to MK for EMH.

Thursday: Animal Kingdom/MK or HS?
We have an ADR for Tusker House for lunch on Thanksgiving! So excited. We have found Animal Kingdom to be more of a half-day park for us, and we have seen ROL and don’t need to see it again. So, we will park hop to either MK or HS depending on crowds and just what we want to do in the moment.

Friday: Shed some tears and head home!

ToInfinity

Original Poster
Update!

When Disney released the discounts a few days ago, I got on the website quickly that morning and was able to make some upgrades to our trip! We are still at Pop, but we are now going to be in a preferred room with free QS dining. We are absolutely THRILLED, and the total price for the trip came out to be only $80 more than it was initially. Woohoo!! 😊

ToInfinity

Original Poster
Update Time!!

Thank you so much to all who read my TR from our June trip! It was so fun to write. I might be hooked now....;)

Anyway, we are now 59 days away from our November trip!! Woohoo!! I booked our FP’s yesterday right at 7am. Was I able to get everything we wanted??? ...YES! Are all of them at times that are ideal??? .....Not so much 😅 I think it will be a very crowded week based on the availability. I will share more FP details later on.

We have one more BIG update! P is pregnant! She will be 22 weeks when we go on the trip. I booked our FP’s with her in mind, choosing some that she can go on, but others that the rest of us want to do but that are likely to have long lines. Hopefully, this will make it so that P is never waiting long for things she cannot do and we can just FP and get through the line quickly. If anybody has any tips going to Disney pregnant, particularly around 20 weeks, please chime in with your advice! We are SO excited!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom