Here's your haunted backstory

jt04

Original Poster
If spirit74 is right …

I would convert the Diamond Horseshoe into the Haunted Horeshoe. Reconfigure the facade to face the HM. Upstairs lounge and TS restaurant with large Windows. Downstairs QS.

Backstory is that the horse of the Headless Horseman loses a horseshoe on a journey. Unsuspecting restaurant owner finds it and puts it in his restaurant for good luck not realizing it has a curse upon it due to its source.

Mayhem ensues.

Daveeeeed

If spirit74 is right …

I would convert the Diamond Horseshoe into the Haunted Horeshoe. Reconfigure the facade to face the HM. Upstairs lounge and TS restaurant with large Windows. Downstairs QS.

The backstory is that the horse of the Headless Horseman loses a horseshoe on a journey. Unsuspecting restaurant owner finds it and puts it in his restaurant for good luck not realizing it has a curse upon it due to its source.

Mayhem ensues.
Not bad actually, but why the Diamond Horseshoe? I feel like the continuity of the land would be kind of thrown off leading to various unnecessary changes throughout the lands.

It would work much better in Disneyland Paris' Frontierland themed to Phantom Manor as the land as a whole is themed that way vs. The Magic Kingdom where Frontierland to Liberty Square is viewed more together as different time periods ex. colonial, western, abandoned estate that happens to feature ghosts. Perhaps the best location would be on the left of The Haunted Mansion (the second best would be Columbia Harbour House, but it is super popular and is actually pretty good... maybe second story? Still wouldn't make sense). It may be difficult, but putting a quaint entrance next to the line that wraps around it to completely new restaurants would be best as The MK needs more restaurants badly.

To be honest, if The Diamond Horseshoe goes it would not surprise me, but more of a western haunted type story would work better for it IMO rather than the Haunted Mansion as it is sort of its own thing in completely different areas.

jt04

Original Poster
Not bad actually, but why the Diamond Horseshoe? I feel like the continuity of the land would be kind of thrown off leading to various unnecessary changes throughout the lands.

It would work much better in Disneyland Paris' Frontierland themed to Phantom Manor as the land as a whole is themed that way vs. The Magic Kingdom where Frontierland to Liberty Square is viewed more together as different time periods ex. colonial, western, abandoned estate that happens to feature ghosts. Perhaps the best location would be on the left of The Haunted Mansion (the second best would be Columbia Harbour House, but it is super popular and is actually pretty good... maybe second story? Still wouldn't make sense). It may be difficult, but putting a quaint entrance next to the line that wraps around it to completely new restaurants would be best as The MK needs more restaurants badly.

To be honest, if The Diamond Horseshoe goes it would not surprise me, but more of a western haunted type story would work better for it IMO rather than the Haunted Mansion as it is sort of its own thing in completely different areas.

I was conforming the concept to my not so hidden agenda of eliminating Frontierland in the current location at WDW. Expanding Liberty Square to incorporate a rethemed Diamond Horseshoe would make the land more complete IMO.

My original thought was that much of Frontierland could be transformed into New Orleans Square with a PatF mini-land and a relocated riverboat. A newly reimagined Frontierland type concept such as WRE, could be built behind BTMRR. Splash Mountain becomes PatF. Country Bears and Pecos Bills converted to Club 33 and Tianas Place within New Orleans Square.
Fits much better with the transition of crossing the Mississippi River from Colonial America.

The parades would also fit better with these surroundings and the theme would add a lot of life. Especially architecturally and musically. Plus much better cuisine than the current offerings.

So, that is why I picked Diamond Horseshoe to be transformed. Not that my ideas are more legitimate than yours or anyone else's.

PS- moving the riverboat towards SM might also create room for a Disneyland-esque version of Fantasmic. So much winning.

goofyyukyuk

If spirit74 is right …

Backstory is that the horse of the Headless Horseman loses a horseshoe on a journey. Unsuspecting restaurant owner finds it and puts it in his restaurant for good luck not realizing it has a curse upon it due to its source.

Mayhem ensues.
That is a pretty ingenious backstory... never would have thought of something that creative lol

Daveeeeed

That is a pretty ingenious backstory... never would have thought of something that creative lol
Maybe the head instead of the horseshoe... and it appears and reappears every hour or something with a lightning strike that dims the Restaraunt.

I know it's called the Diamond horseshoe, but if super drastic changes are to happen this could work.

Daveeeeed

I was conforming the concept to my not so hidden agenda of eliminating Frontierland in the current location at WDW. Expanding Liberty Square to incorporate a rethemed Diamond Horseshoe would make the land more complete IMO.

My original thought was that much of Frontierland could be transformed into New Orleans Square with a PatF mini-land and a relocated riverboat. A newly reimagined Frontierland type concept such as WRE, could be built behind BTMRR. Splash Mountain becomes PatF. Country Bears and Pecos Bills converted to Club 33 and Tianas Place within New Orleans Square.
Fits much better with the transition of crossing the Mississippi River from Colonial America.

The parades would also fit better with these surroundings and the theme would add a lot of life. Especially architecturally and musically. Plus much better cuisine than the current offerings.

So, that is why I picked Diamond Horseshoe to be transformed. Not that my ideas are more legitimate than yours or anyone else's.

PS- moving the riverboat towards SM might also create room for a Disneyland-esque version of Fantasmic. So much winning.
I'm not completely against the idea of retheming Frontierland as it's always been far inferior to Paris, but also as Splash messes up the theming. But I would not want to see Splash rethemed in any shape or form. It's an IP used by far better than any IP ride at WDW. I feel like your concept would actually work great at Disneyland though. How about make Splash into a mini-land somehow? Maybe push back the river from Splash and make a cut from Frontierland to Big Thunder? And then since Splash would be more of its own thing hypothetically other rides like Bambi could be incorporated very well into a sort of new Critter Country. Country Bears would actually be a pretty darn good transition point. And if Tiki Birds is to go perhaps a C-ticket added next to Splash would fix the capacity problems caused with that.

But I really like your HM restaraunt idea, but I don't thing you've found the right place yet, unless of course, they go with your ultra ambitious plan. This is of course Imagineering though I guess so we can do whatever.

Maybe Tom Sawyer Island could be redone with a Haunted Mansion theme?

spacemt354

Chili's

I'm still iffy on the Haunted Mansion restaurant, but the Diamond Horseshoe would be a great pick for a upgrade/change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom