Here come the mermaids

The tail bones are not disconnected or folded over but in a straight line and pointed in the same direction. Wouldn't some of the bones need do be disconnected to have a chance of all pointing the same. Going with the folded over in net theory? But they are mythical so maybe they can change their bone structure at will.

These things all add up to a decline in show. First generic Coke cups and now possibly ignoring mythical biology.

More complaining about the coke cups? I recall this being temporary until the Halloween cups were distributed PROPERTY WIDE. So.....you're complaining because Disney was trying to switch from regular themed cups and ran out before it would be acceptable to put out Halloween cups? Atleast they had some cups to use between themed cups. #Firstworldproblems

Todd H

csipirates.jpg

****Cue The Who's Baba O'Riley*****Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh.... :p

Thrill Seeker

I finally saw the Mermaids on Tuesday. I really liked the additition and thought it added to the cave in terms of making it creepy... They really should add more projectors though...

Bairstow

I wonder where else Disney could implement this bubble-projector technology?

In the flooded temple area of the Jungle Cruise to make it look like a giant python or Ganges river dolphin is swimming under the boat?
Somewhere in the Gran Fiesta Tour to have Donald Duck in scuba gear?

There are a lot of interesting possibilities.

1.jpg

matt9112

No there's not.

The attraction was left virtually 'as is' until the poltically correct police struck.. and then left alone again until the movie's starting printing money. This isn't just 'this years change'. The attract stood unchanged for decades.. this is not change for freshness.. this is change for 'synergy' to continue to try to rewrite the attraction to actually be about the films - which it is not.

so if a movie came out based on.....thunder mountain and it had some items not "on" thunder mountain that were than later added so your normal guest can make there own connections would you be up in arms? remember that although extremely loosely the POTC were based on the ride....sure this is mainly just the title and the dog bone scene....but non the less. there is nothing wrong with tie ins and or updates.... IF done right.

flynnibus

Premium Member
so if a movie came out based on.....thunder mountain and it had some items not "on" thunder mountain that were than later added so your normal guest can make there own connections would you be up in arms?

This question demonstrates you are missing the reason people don't like the changes. It's not liking change or improvements, it's about not liking attempts to REWRITE the scenes of the attraction which alter the overall attraction story/narrative. Which is exactly what the Jack Sparrow additions did to POTC. And not only did they rewrite the attraction, they did it to a end product that is LESS than what they started.

remember that although extremely loosely the POTC were based on the ride....sure this is mainly just the title and the dog bone scene....but non the less. there is nothing wrong with tie ins and or updates.... IF done right.

I agree there is nothing wrong with updates that improve the attraction - but it is open to opinion if the resulting product is better than before the change.

Uncle Lupe

More complaining about the coke cups? I recall this being temporary until the Halloween cups were distributed PROPERTY WIDE. So.....you're complaining because Disney was trying to switch from regular themed cups and ran out before it would be acceptable to put out Halloween cups? Atleast they had some cups to use between themed cups. #Firstworldproblems

It's these glaring breaks in show that jars one out of fantasy and back to reality.

#WaltWouldHaveWantedMermaidBonesInDifferentDirections

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom