Here come the mermaids

GrumpyFan

I'm liking this, but something seems a bit out of whack, with Blackbeard doing the "intro" in the fog/mist you pass under.
I think they should change it to Captain Barbosa giving a shortened version of this speech -

At the very least, Barbosa should say, "Mermaid waters, that be our path". I know it's not entirely appropriate in the supposed story line, but it would help to alert the unsuspecting/unknowing guests to be on the lookout.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I'm liking this, but something seems a bit out of whack, with Blackbeard doing the "intro".
I think they should chage it to Captain Barbosa giving a shortened version of this speech -

Continuity issue aside, that would be great if it was Barbosa going: "Mermaid waters, that be our path! Are we not King's men?" haha actually, given the story line of the ride (us fleeing the fort because it is under attack) that would be fitting asking us if we are King's men... oh... what fun

pumpkin7

I've just been over to the Dis. I don't go on there much anymore because, well, I'll show you.

Someone started a thread about PotC being down a lot today, having to be evacuated. One of the forum members posted;

'Heard them singing, saw lights in the water, didn't see them!'

Uhm, the lights are the mermaids! Because it's Disney, people expect the best. They were obviously waiting for something bigger. Tough luck matey, that's all you're getting.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So, Disney spends money trying to do something neat...even if it's just something small...yet so many of us are complaining? Wow.

But Disney didn't do it because it was something neat, they did it for more SYNERGY. They could rename POTC the UNIVERSE OF SYNERGY its had so many changes to it since the movies came out (and keep coming out).

I agree with a previous poster that maybe they should start over and give us a whole new pirates ride if they keep wanting to mess (up? with?) the old one.

TalkingHead

So, Disney spends money trying to do something neat...even if it's just something small...yet so many of us are complaining? Wow.

So you don't care about the quality of the "something small," just that they've done something.

Might I recommend you visit the "new and improved" and "better than it's ever been" Country Bear Jamboree?

What's all the about over CBJ? At least they did something!

GeorgiaPinesRJB

If everything's so terrible, then why do you still visit?

Sorry to be blunt; however, I am quite confused.

Also, have you actually seen it in person? OR just via YouTube videos? I do care about the quality of things...when I have actually seen them in person...

I find myself asking that in my head with a lot of posts on here...
I just find it odd that prior to the change, people were saying please don't change Pirates, leave it alone. And now it's done and people are like, It's not clear enough, it should be more prominent.
You know what they say, Burks… can’t please everyone all the time

roggie28

Really wasn't impressed with the additions....The effect has actually only worked one time out of the probably 10 times we have rode it this week :(

Bairstow

But Disney didn't do it because it was something neat, they did it for more SYNERGY. They could rename POTC the UNIVERSE OF SYNERGY its had so many changes to it since the movies came out (and keep coming out).

Maybe, maybe not.
With this effect I get the feeling that someone at WDI figured out that shooting a 2D projection at bubbling water creates the illusion of depth, and thought this would be a good place to build a proof of concept of the technique.

If you're worried about the integrity of the original WDW ride being compromised, that ship sailed a long time ago... so to speak.

It was never as good as the original, and due to its size, never could be, so now that it's already been infested with a whole host of Johnny Depps, why complain about a first-of-its-kind special effect that required no downtime?

Scuttle

It'd be nice if they also got the mist screen to work reliably too.

Since they were in the neighbourhood and all.

Yes it would be nice to have that work more times than not. It'd also be nice to see the newspaper printing wheel working, but I have given up hope on that one as it's been months since it's last worked. That's for a different discussion anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom