News Here’s how Disney lost Shonda Rhimes to Netflix over a Disneyland pass

drizgirl

In the end, was Shonda short on money? No. Did she negotiate a special pass for anyone she wants as part of her contract? No. This was a I can do whatever I want move because I'm Shonda Rhimes. She didn't need the extra pass, she DESERVED the extra pass.
Which pretty much classifies her as a diva.

Sailor310

Original Poster
On one level, it makes me happy that Disney doesn't just hand out passes like gumdrops to every celebrity.
I....can get in with my AP. Shonda's sister couldn't.

fctiger

But did the CMs at the front gate even know that? I mean, I've heard of Shonda, but I've watched Grey's since early on. Lots of people have never heard of her.

It didn't have anything to do with the CMs at the front gate. According to the article she called a Disney executive and was basically refused a pass. The CM would just follow whatever they were told by their bosses obviously if they knew them or not.

Practical Pig

I'm just going to go on record here to say that while I have heard read the name " Shondra Rhimes" before, I really could not have placed her in the pantheon of "what the heck were they famous for anyway?" semi-demigods.

Maybe that's because I have never watched Grey's Anatomy on purpose.

DavidDL

I don't care if it was the President of the United States. No ticket, no entry. I don't feel bad for people with millions of dollars who think the rules shouldn't apply to them.

One night while closing up Mansion, Nicolas Cage and his family approached the attraction but we were already closed for the evening. But because the rules don't apply to people like that (apparently), we were forced to power up the attraction and bring it back into show conditions just so he and his group could get a ride thru. I should've just clocked out at my scheduled time instead of heading back to the loading belt. But then I'm the "bad guy".

Kudos to the turnstile CM for sticking her ground. You let one person in like that who makes a scene and suddenly everyone who heard it becomes "someone famous' sister".

TP2000

I don't care if it was the President of the United States. No ticket, no entry. I don't feel bad for people with millions of dollars who think the rules shouldn't apply to them.

One night while closing up Mansion, Nicolas Cage and his family approached the attraction but we were already closed for the evening. But because the rules don't apply to people like that (apparently), we were forced to power up the attraction and bring it back into show conditions just so he and his group could get a ride thru. I should've just clocked out at my scheduled time instead of heading back to the loading belt. But then I'm the "bad guy".

Kudos to the turnstile CM for sticking her ground. You let one person in like that who makes a scene and suddenly everyone who heard it becomes "someone famous' sister".

Were you ever allowed to have a family member use your Main Gate Pass when you weren't there? ;)

Shonda's Main Gate Pass was changed to allow her nanny to use it, even though she is not married to her nanny.

You ever hear of a CM who was allowed to use their Main Gate Pass like that?

truecoat

Were you ever allowed to have a family member use your Main Gate Pass when you weren't there? ;)

Shonda's Main Gate Pass was changed to allow her nanny to use it, even though she is not married to her nanny.

Arnold wasn't married to his housekeeper either but...

truecoat

One of the residents married then killed a terminal patient and was still allowed to come back to the hospital. Then had interns treat a deer. Oh, then they put this dr in charge of a free clinic named after the patient she married then killed.

Anjin

One of the residents married then killed a terminal patient and was still allowed to come back to the hospital. Then had interns treat a deer. Oh, then they put this dr in charge of a free clinic named after the patient she married then killed.
Oh god, I know what you're talking about.... I need to log off forever.

DavidDL

I was employed from 2006 to 2013, during that time I don't even think they were allowing spouses to use our main entrance passes for us yet. If we wanted to get someone in without being there, it had to be a printed comp ticket.

So the answer is no to both questions, hah. Had I tried to do otherwise, a lowly peasant like myself would have been fired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom