Herbie Leaving LMA and Lightening McQueen to Replace..

JustInTime

I thought it was only official for Paris. Has there been new developments? Any links? I am fine with it either way. Herbie got on my nerves as a kid.

I personally like Herbie but I get why they would replace him with Lighting McQueen. But as of right now I am going to have to say this is only for Paris unless someone could give actual proof of this. If he comes to LMA at all, my guess is that he will be in the Paris version for a few months before TDO even considers it.

njDizFan

I understand the logic if this is true.

I just dislike Cars, and unfortunately it seems to be the most popular Pixar marketing franchise.

Or at least 2nd behind Toy Story

Rich1

Why the hate for Pixar? They don't even have that much of a.presence in the MK. Folks, this is a part of Disney and some excellent character development at that. Quit seeing it as an invasion and instead as an inclusion. The founder of Pixar loves Disney and is a major player...y must they be viewed so negatively. There is plenty of room for ALLL of our favorite characters. I'll never forget the joy my nephew felt when he met Mickey and then his Toy Story pals.

thelookingglass

So basically, the only thing that might happen in LMA is Lightning McQueen will replace Herbie?

Big deal, it also makes sense seeing as Cars is Disney's highest profit franchise and kids don't know who Herbie is.

El-Fuego

So basically, the only thing that might happen in LMA is Lightning McQueen will replace Herbie?

Big deal, it also makes sense seeing as Cars is Disney's highest profit franchise and kids don't know who Herbie is.

Absolutely. Let's not forget that it is mostly about the kids and what's more relevant to them than Pixar characters. This is meant to be a crowd pleaser and what kid wouldn't love to see Lightning in the flesh moving about.

For those moarning the decision to replace the Herbster perhaps a compromise. Who's for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?:p

RSoxNo1

I think this has been rumored for a while. I think I'll add it to the rumors thread as a blue sky rumor, but I don't think it's worth bumping it.

WDW-Fan4Life

Herbie was cool way way back. But now Lightning is a sure hit! Kids today have no idea who Herbie is and why a VW Beetle is/was considered cool. Enter the Bright Red Race Car and bam instant connection. Pixar is only good for Disney...it could be worse, Pixar could be part of Universal.

Imagine if Disney had Pixar and Harry Potter....I bet Beastly Kingdom would have been full steam ahead. Organic grow is great but so is non-organic growth.

JoClovesCARS

I understand the logic if this is true.

I just dislike Cars, and unfortunately it seems to be the most popular Pixar marketing franchise.

Or at least 2nd behind Toy Story

Actually in an interview with John Lassiter regarding the CARS 2 movie trailer for Pixar films, he said CARS is the largest financial interest for Pixar and that CARS has more toys, and accessories on the market than any other Disney movie or Pixar themed film.:sohappy: CARS is one of the best message movies for little kids and it is one of the only themes in any of the FL Disney Parks for boys.:lol:

flavious27

Actually in an interview with John Lassiter regarding the CARS 2 movie trailer for Pixar films, he said CARS is the largest financial interest for Pixar and that CARS has more toys, and accessories on the market than any other Disney movie or Pixar themed film.:sohappy: CARS is one of the best message movies for little kids and it is one of the only themes in any of the FL Disney Parks for boys.:lol:

walking through toys r us, I can attest to this, there is cars stuff everywhere and for everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom