Henri is a wuss!

Although anyone on the west coast (of FL) would disagree with me. ;)

As many of you are aware, I agonized about cancelling my weekend trip, because the weather services were predicting tropical storm conditions for the WDW area starting on Friday evening. I wasn't thrilled about driving into a storm, and we couldn't leave earlier to avoid it, so would be arriving at our resort just as the heavy winds and rain were going to start.

But, my husband and I decided to risk it, so left Jacksonville at around 6:30. The traffic was light, there were a few light showers that did nothing more than produce the most vivid double rainbow I've ever seen! The sunset was also spectactular. We arrived at The Swan during Illuminations...beautiful.

We walked over to Big River grill for dinner. We've been to the one in Chatanooga many times, but the menu was slightly different. They still had our favorite beers, so it was adequate. My only complaint was that my Satay chicken variation, and side of fresh vegetables, were COLD. Not even tepid, but room temperature. I sent them back, and they were heated (or replaced) The vegetables were so hot that I burned my mouth! I decided not to complain, but I suspect the chef was making some sort of statement.

Back to our room, and a good night's sleep on a "Heavenly Bed." My son opted not to sleep on the pull out sofa bed, but cuddled up with us. (We had a King...I highly reccomend it for someone with only 1 child, or two tiny ones! The room seems much larger than a double when the sofa is closed, and it gives you a place to sit and play during the day.)

The swan was wonderful, BTW, and at $99/night, couldn't be beat! Two sinks, one in the separate dressing area, coffe maker with glass cups (which was restocked daily) real wineglasses and glasses, nice toiletries (including an emery board, which came in handy) and lots of large, fluffy towels. The bed was truly heavenly, with fluffy comforters and a "featherbed" which might be polyfill rather than down. We retired and slept, expecting to be awakened by Henri.

Maria

I was reading about the "heavenly beds" and how they made you be late to the parks, and I have to agree, they are awesome! We loved them! :)

We had them at the Westin Regina in Washington DC and I heard all the Westins are changing to "heavenly beds" to make them like their trademark. Is the Swan owned/ran by Westin? :veryconfu

In the words of my friend Ryan: "heeaaaveeenlyy beeeds" :lol: :animwink:

DanStat

Originally posted by Maria
I was reading about the "heavenly beds" and how they made you be late to the parks, and I have to agree, they are awesome! We loved them! :)

We had them at the Westin Regina in Washington DC and I heard all the Westins are changing to "heavenly beds" to make them like their trademark. Is the Swan owned/ran by Westin? :veryconfu

In the words of my friend Ryan: "heeaaaveeenlyy beeeds" :lol: :animwink:

I love those beds! I stayed in the Westin Cincinatti and they had them as well. I'm ordering one for Christmas!

By the way, yes, the Swan and Dolphin are Westin Hotels. <--I saw them in the hotel directory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom