Help with Savannah View @ AKL

_Scar

Title says it all!

I really need help! What savannah is the best all around (in terms of animals, area, privacy,etc) and what floor offers the best experience? And what are some other recommendations you might have?? Anything will help :)

Poofiesdream

Was there May 9th-14th. We had a great room 4221. We were club level but rooms around us were just savanna view. 4th floor is great high enough to see great. Arusha is the best, we saw ankole cattle, zebra, giraffe, kudu, guineafowl,vultures, and storks from our room every day. They are out in the early mornings around 6am and evenings. The rest of the day they are way in the back. Food at Mara did not have much selection. The pool and slide were great. Have a great time.:wave:

Upvote 0

MaxsDad

Arusha is the best savannah in my opinion.

Higher floors are better, usually. However, on some savannahs, the distance-views from higher floors are obstructed by treetops. Arusha does not have this issue, however.

Upvote 0

Philo

I agree with Arusha although none of the views are terrible. I think I was on the 3rd floor when I was last there and we had a great view (although we didn't get that many animals close to the window).

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

What savannah is the best all around (in terms of animals, area, privacy,etc)

As you will see posted on the glass door to the balcony and on the balcony rail itself - there is NO privacy unless you close the drapes over the balcony doors - and be aware of this when you are on the balcony itself. Disney even lights the savannah with an "artificial moonlight" so that you can see the animals at night - which means that other people can see YOU when you are out on the balcony.

Upvote 0

_Scar

Original Poster
As you will see posted on the glass door to the balcony and on the balcony rail itself - there is NO privacy unless you close the drapes over the balcony doors - and be aware of this when you are on the balcony itself. Disney even lights the savannah with an "artificial moonlight" so that you can see the animals at night - which means that other people can see YOU when you are out on the balcony.

Thanks for the warning! Yea, that might be a little hard to get used to. :lookaroun:lol:

I think we're leaning towards Uzami (sp?) near the pool. Has anyone had personal experience with this savannah?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom