Help with Photographers Please!!

OrangeRainbow

Original Poster
Hi All... we are planning a disney fairytale wedding and think we have most things sorted however my main concern is the photographer... it is one of the most important things to me... documenting the day and I want an amazing photographer... I am not going with a disney one as I have heard they are very hit and miss and I dont want to take the risk... I may have a portrait session in the parks but I would like an outside photographer for the wedding... As I am in the UK I don't really know of any photographers there... can anyone recommend some for me if they have done your wedding photos if you are in the UK and had someone to do yours any help would be appreciated examples would be even better... I love artsy photos too... I have heard good and bad things about Misty Miotto... anyone use her what was she like? Were you pleased with the results... would love to see some... Thank you :)

Sweet Melissa

I brought in a photographer from my hometown who is a longtime friend. I'm much more comfortable behind the camera than I am in front of it, so I wanted to make sure that my photographer was someone who could put me at ease.

If I had gone with one of the locals, it definitely would have been Misty Miotto or Root Photography. I really like their style, and their professionalism is often lauded amongst Disney brides and grooms. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Misty other than that she's expensive, but I really believe that you get what you pay for when it comes to photography.

OrangeRainbow

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your response... I really wish I could fly someone over as I know an amazing photographer here but I think it would be far too expensive to fly them out...

Im sure Misty is extremely good... id just read on one review that she was quite bossy and arrogant and that is definitely not what you want on your wedding day regardless of how good she is... but im sure this is not the case and I love her work... will definitely look in to the other one you suggested too :)

how was your wedding day overall? was it all that you expected? X

Sweet Melissa

It wouldn't hurt to query your photographer friend about their travel fee. In my case, our photographer was a close friend. She correctly presumed that even if she weren't taking our photos, she would be invited to the wedding, so she waived her travel fee. We only paid for her normal wedding package, which was much less than what the Roots or Misty charge as they're in a very different market.

Overall, my wedding day was a lot of fun. It wasn't a typical Disney wedding with the wedding pavilion and catered reception and fireworks party. We had our ceremony at Crescent Terrace, an outdoor courtyard at the Swan hotel. Our reception was in a private dining room at Todd English's bluezoo, and then we had an afterparty at Jellyrolls. There were some little hiccups, but nothing that hampered the events or that anyone other than me would have noticed.

OrangeRainbow

Original Poster
Yeah I will definitely ask our photographer but he is already quite expensive as it is... so I cant imagine what he'd charge to also fly him to florida!! Ha ha... but its good to have other options... your wedding sounds lovely... ours wont be anything major... we want the ceremony at sea breeze point and then we were thinking about just having a dessert party... quite small only around 18 people... my boy will be 4 then so hoping he'll remember it.... Thanks so much for your help :)

KeithVH

I would suggest looking at https://www.theknot.com/marketplace/wedding-photographers-orlando-fl. You can see sample portfolios and at least get an idea of costs. I see more than one who actually has shot at Disney.

Having done this kind of shooting for a while, and knowing what digital has done to this field, my one piece of advice is to stay away from the cheap, bargain-oriented shooters who do it as a hobby or part-time. You do get what you pay for here.

Sweet Melissa

Having done this kind of shooting for a while, and knowing what digital has done to this field, my one piece of advice is to stay away from the cheap, bargain-oriented shooters who do it as a hobby or part-time. You do get what you pay for here.
Agreed. It's also true of the full-time bargain shooters. There are some photographers popular in the Disney weddings community who are horrendous.

OrangeRainbow

Original Poster
Thank you for that... and I definitely agree with you both... and don't worry the photographer is the one thing I am willing to pay decent money for... I very rarely get decent photographs of myself... I don't think i'm very photogenic :p... so I'm determined to have some hopefully amazing wedding photographs.. am loving these forums everyone is so helpful :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom