Help with first attempt at Sept. Intenerary

jsj4

I am new to the board and have learned a lot in the last month from all of you! Thank you! Please offer your suggestions and know that your input is very much appreciated!
Sept. 20-27, 2012 with DD(2nd trip), DW(2nd trip), DS10 (2nd trip), DS8 (2nd trip), DS5(1st trip!) DD2 (1st trip)
DDP and Park Hoppers (Breakfast in room or McD’s, every morning, 1 full breakfast at Crystal Palace
Arrive on September 19th – Orlando Hotel for night
20th – Check-in , EP – (Recommended) CS-lunch Break @ 2 at rest/Pool - ADR? Whispering Canyon Early Night
21 – MK (Recommended) Crystal Palace Breakfast , Early Afternoon Break/Pool ADR- 5:30Hollywood and Vine/Fantasmic Dinner Package
22 – AK (Recommended) CS-lunch Flame Tree Break ADR – 5:00 Coral Reef or Garden Grill
23 – HS (Recommended) CS- lunch , Afternoon Break/Pool ADR – Sci Fi
24 - EP (Recommended) CS-lunch , Afternoon Break ADR- Ohana / Watch Fireworks from Beach
25 – Rest Morning to Mid Afternoon Rest/ Pirates League (Late Res.) , Halloween Party (DW,DS5&DS2 leave early for bed)
26- MK late CS-lunch Afternoon Break ADR- Coral Reef
27-Undecided (Leave it up to kids) Check –out ADR – TREX - Orlando Hotel

ParentsOf4

Crowds should be low the week you go. It still can be very hot in late September and you may have some rain. Hopefully, the weather will work out for you.

Seems like your trip is built around food with lots of breaks. Are you sure you'll have enough time at the parks? Do you have any plans for the water parks?

Are you staying in more than one hotel?

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I am new to the board and have learned a lot in the last month from all of you! Thank you! Please offer your suggestions and know that your input is very much appreciated!
Sept. 20-27, 2012 with DD(2nd trip), DW(2nd trip), DS10 (2nd trip), DS8 (2nd trip), DS5(1st trip!) DD2 (1st trip)
DDP and Park Hoppers (Breakfast in room or McD’s, every morning, 1 full breakfast at Crystal Palace
Arrive on September 19th – Orlando Hotel for night
20th – Check-in , EP – (Recommended) CS-lunch Break @ 2 at rest/Pool - ADR? Whispering Canyon Early Night
21 – MK (Recommended) Crystal Palace Breakfast , Early Afternoon Break/Pool ADR- 5:30Hollywood and Vine/Fantasmic Dinner Package
22 – AK (Recommended) CS-lunch Flame Tree Break ADR – 5:00 Coral Reef or Garden Grill
23 – HS (Recommended) CS- lunch , Afternoon Break/Pool ADR – Sci Fi
24 - EP (Recommended) CS-lunch , Afternoon Break ADR- Ohana / Watch Fireworks from Beach
25 – Rest Morning to Mid Afternoon Rest/ Pirates League (Late Res.) , Halloween Party (DW,DS5&DS2 leave early for bed)
26- MK late CS-lunch Afternoon Break ADR- Coral Reef
27-Undecided (Leave it up to kids) Check –out ADR – TREX - Orlando Hotel

Where are you staying? You have to take into account transportation time to and from resort and parks for the breaks. With the kids, I would suggest Garden Grill over Coral Reef but both have mixed reviews. Its seems like you like Coral Reef b/c you have it twice. There are so many other fantastic places to try at Epcot so I recommend branching out. For DHS CS I recommend Pizza Planet. Its really good and fun.

Its always great to take breaks with all the kids but make sure you have enough time at the parks too.

Upvote 0

Princess7

Where are you staying? In the past when we have done the DDP but were arriving late the first night, we usually booked a seperate night at the same resort. The next morning, the front desk checks us out and back into our same room and we start our DDP package. If you are staying at a value or moderate and the price is around the same as what your spending at the hotel, I would do this. It saves you time and hassle.

BTW- Enjoy Ohana!!!

Upvote 0

jsj4

Original Poster
We are staying at POR. Thank you for the suggestion about staying onsite the night before. I didn't realize I had Coral Reef on there twice! Any other suggestions for character meals other than Garden Grill? This board is so helpful! Thank you!

Upvote 0

Princess7

Chef Mickey at the Contemporary Resort. They have a breakfat and dinner option. Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Pluto are usually the main characters there.

Cinderella's dinner at the Grand Floridian. Cinderella, Prince Charming, the step-sisters and the Fairy Godmother are usually there.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We are staying at POR. Thank you for the suggestion about staying onsite the night before. I didn't realize I had Coral Reef on there twice! Any other suggestions for character meals other than Garden Grill? This board is so helpful! Thank you!

Chef Mickey at the Contemporary is great, as is 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. If you want to go into a park that night, as it seemed you were planning on going to Epcot, there is Akerhaus but I do not like the food ... like at all. That is a Princess meal. Breakfast is good but lunch and dinner, lets just say not for the picky eaters.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Itinerary looks pretty solid.

I love the Garden Grill and It is a great character meal.
We always have a great time there.

Chef Mickey's for Breakfast is another great one.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom