Help! Where to go?

kellydisney

Original Poster
We're going to Disney in May, staying at the Boardwalk for the first time!!!

We got the DDP and are having a hard time deciding between the following places for dinner. Please recommend!! :)

Liberty Tree Tavern
Crystal Palace
Tony's Town Square
Spoodles
1900 Park Fare

Thanks!!

tigsmom

We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn last August and found the food choices to be.....lacking. We enjoyed Spoodles for breakfast, but headed away from the Boardwalk for dinner (my family is sort of picky).

We really love the Liberty Tree Tavern for the character dinner. Its all you care to eat, served family style and is delicious. :slurp: Its one of our favorite places to eat.

Haven't tried the others, but I'm sure others will be along soon to let your know. Enjoy your trip! :wave:

Epcot82Guy

It really depends on what you are looking for, and each place has definite pros and cons.

Liberty Tree Tavern - nice atmosphere and good classic food. It can be a bit cramped, though, and it is VERY busy and noisy.

Crystal Palace - BEAUTIFUL place with a very nice selection of food. Again, noisy due to the characters, but the space is large so it is not as overbearing

Tony's Town Square - Really fun place. The Italian is very good for a theme park, and you can expect what to find here. If you are picky about your Italian, though, this might not be the absolute best. However, I tend to be somewhat picky, and I like it.

Spoodles - I tend to agree that Spoodles is good, but it has started to pass its prime. However, I have heard the food is fickle here, so it may have improved (haven't been there in a couple years).

1900 Park Fare - This is a very nice little buffet. It looks like a child's nursery to me (well, a LARGE nursery). The buffet is good, but it is a little bit limited. However, the food is traditional, so picky eaters will find familiar things. If you have WTP character lovers, this is a great option.

Overall, I would suggest Crystal Palace first then Tony's out of this list. I think they have the best overall atmosphere.

ZapperZ

kellydisney said:
We're going to Disney in May, staying at the Boardwalk for the first time!!!

We got the DDP and are having a hard time deciding between the following places for dinner. Please recommend!! :)

Liberty Tree Tavern
Crystal Palace
Tony's Town Square
Spoodles
1900 Park Fare

Thanks!!

Since you are on the dining plan, why do you have to choose? Couldn't you go to all of them?

I've had dinner at Libertry Tavern (LOVED IT!!! Had my birthday dinner there last January and Dale kept trying to steal my birthday cake!), Crystal Palace (had pictures with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore), and Tony's Town Square (also had a birthday dinner there 3 years ago - they threw kisses at you when they bring out your cake).

I would recommend all three, although the food at Crystal Palace was surprisingly better than what I expected. But expect long lines some time and LOUD volume of sound.

Zz.

shmmrname

Though I have only eaten at the Crystal Palace, I would recommend it. It's a beautiful place and the food is very good. I like the buffet setting and the Pooh characters rock.
Looking at your list though I don't see much I wouldnt want to eat at!

jdvm

Since you're staying at Boardwalk, you really should consider a dinner at Flying Fish Cafe. It ain't cheap but it's VERY good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom