Help Wanted Disney Proposal April 24-30 2020

Lovefromcanada

Hello Disney Fans!!!

My partner and I are planning our first ever trip to Disneyworld !!! We will be at the parks from April 24 to May 1. Background, she is a Disney fanatic and has always been her dream of being proposed at Disney!

I am planning to propose at the Magic Kingdom in front of the castle (although open to suggestions). I was able to hire a private photographer who will be ready to capture the moment ($450 for hour long photo session ...and that’s not Canadian Dollars)!

I need some help!!! If anyone who is willing to help please let me know. This would truly mean the world for me. Willing to work around your schedule of when you’ll be at magic kingdom between April 24-May 1.

I was hoping to have 4 signs made saying (“will you marry me?”) and hoping if I can get few people to hold them up for me in a discreet way! Of course I’m open to suggestions.

Anyways would love to hear back! Thanks everyone

Artsmylife

Unfortunately I hate to break your bubble but Disney usually has a rule about engagements in front of the castle. If they see signs they may not allow you to bring them in as they want you to do the disney photo pass or disney artistic photographers which would cost even more then $450. Does she have a favorite character? Have you been to disney together before? The castle is a typical standard location for proposals is she a traditionalist? Would she like a more public proposal or a more intimate one? If you think that she is more less public there are locations such as disney fine dining restaurants, there is less known locations too such as Tom Sawyer Island which has beautiful waterfalls at magic Kingdom. Then there is the tree of life which has a beautiful light show at night which might be a unique idea. Then there is epcot with locations that have many different themes and the iconic golf ball which houses planet earth. Think outside the box to make it personal to her.

Upvote 0

Artsmylife

Just a thought to throw out there you could pin a button on yourself that says will you marry me then if she says yes you have a button that you pin on her that says I said yes

Upvote 0

MissViv

You need to be checking closely, with the parks closing this Sunday for two weeks, they will probably be extending the park closures due to the virus that could possibly include April, May, etc.

Upvote 0

yensid67

You need to be checking closely, with the parks closing this Sunday for two weeks, they will probably be extending the park closures due to the virus that could possibly include April, May, etc.
TO ADD TO THE ABOVE...
I have started to hear that the park closures will most likely be for 90 days! So you may want to monitor this closely so it doesn't ruin your plans! I would make alternate plans, if it does go to a 90 day closure, then you have another plan or even a postponement of your plans.

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

TO ADD TO THE ABOVE...
I have started to hear that the park closures will most likely be for 90 days! So you may want to monitor this closely so it doesn't ruin your plans! I would make alternate plans, if it does go to a 90 day closure, then you have another plan or even a postponement of your plans.
There has been no such discussion and even speculating this is not helpful whatsoever to the group discussion. The recent release by the CDC recommended an 8 week hiatus of gatherings of 50 or more people. If we begin to see a “peak” and decline in cases over that time period it’s very likely things go back to normal. Let’s not forget that the epicenter of this virus was China and they started seeing a rapid decline in new cases after roughly 4 weeks from where we are presently (canceling of large gatherings, schools, etc). Let’s only report facts on this website as it will help our fellow members makes good informed decisions on their upcoming plans.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Hello Disney Fans!!!

My partner and I are planning our first ever trip to Disneyworld !!! We will be at the parks from April 24 to May 1. Background, she is a Disney fanatic and has always been her dream of being proposed at Disney!

I am planning to propose at the Magic Kingdom in front of the castle (although open to suggestions). I was able to hire a private photographer who will be ready to capture the moment ($450 for hour long photo session ...and that’s not Canadian Dollars)!

I need some help!!! If anyone who is willing to help please let me know. This would truly mean the world for me. Willing to work around your schedule of when you’ll be at magic kingdom between April 24-May 1.

I was hoping to have 4 signs made saying (“will you marry me?”) and hoping if I can get few people to hold them up for me in a discreet way! Of course I’m open to suggestions.

Anyways would love to hear back! Thanks everyone

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!

Second of all, permitting that Disney is open by the time of your trip, I think proposing there is a beautiful idea. I would however be very careful with an outside photographer as Disney Fine Arts does offer their own and you could potentially get into trouble if they figure out that you have an unauthorized photographer there. A friend of mine worked for Disney and said that they're usually pretty lenient, but if they're very obviously a photographer it could cause issues.

There are TONS of places to propose. Obviously in front of the castle is very popular, however if you go that route you'll probably have to have a Photo Pass photographer be the main photographer for your photos. There are several spots that you could get the castle in the photo without being RIGHT in front though. There are tables right outside of Sleepy Hollow against the railing that would make a beautiful castle backdrop without being right in front. You could also go toward Tomorrowland on the bridge. Or even to the back of the castle.

A friend of mine proposed in front of the Dumbo ride because Dumbo is her favorite movie. It was adorable.

If your fiance has any favorite characters you could also propose with them. Another friend's fiance proposed with Goofy (they always joked that when he proposed it better be with a dog) and had him hold up a sign that said "Marry Me?" Absolutely Adorable also.

Another favorite spot of mine is the beach at the Poly. It's beautiful and you can see the top of the castle if you pick the right spot.

A lot of the Disney cast members would happy and willing to help if you're able to sneak away from her for a second. The photographer would be my only concern because of their rules.

You could also order her "Bride" Minnie Ears or matching shirts. There are a TON of Disney engagement shirt designs on Etsy.

I will unfortunately not be in WDW until the fall or I would totally offer to help you.

Here's to hoping they're open for your proposal and if not I hope you come up with a fabulous Plan B or get down shortly thereafter for it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom