Help us decide

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Hello friends! :wave:

We are getting close to our 180 day mark, and have made most of our dining decisions.
Here's what we have so far:
Hoop De Doo
Cali Grill
Citrico's
Brown Derby
Yak & Yeti
Portobello
Le Cellier
Jiko
Breakfast at Kona Cafe

We are staying at BC, and would like to eat at the Boardwalk one evening. We can't decide between Kouzzina and Flying Fish.

Anyone out there who has eaten at both, and care to share their opinion?

Thanks!

The MadHatter

never eaten at kouzinna but have at the flying fish. I used to frequent the flying fish but upon discovering todd english's blueZoo in the dolphin hotel I havent been back. for some reason i enjoy my seafood experience more at blueZoo and in my opinion the fish is cooked better there. the menu is a little more diverse as well and it has a larger selection of fish. i usually stay at the beach club villas and walk there so i guess it can be considered in the vicinity of the boardwalk. that being said i still believe that the flying fish is a good restaurant and i would choose it in a heartbeat over kouzinna.

real mad hatter

Both Good

If you like fish then it's the flyer,we like Greek food so Kouzz was very good,their version of kleftiko was a surprise,just like in Crete,Greece.

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
We kicked around Yachtsman, but we've been there a couple of times and would like to try something new.
Thanks for the input so far!

SleepingMonk

I would drop the Brown Derby and then do both Flying Fish and Kouzzina.

Brown Derby has been terrible for us three times in a row, they won't get another chance.

baymenxpac

first off, let me say you have excellent taste. what you have booked so far reads like my family's ADRs :)

that said, i would recommend either the flying fish, bluezoo or the yachtsman.

my wife and i will be spending our first married valentine's day at the yachtsman after they treated us fantastically on our honeymoon in august. i'm a big steak eater, but my wife barely touches meat, no less red meat. she ordered steak and loved every bite. personally, yachtsman is my favorite steakhouse on property now (and that's after being a HUGE le cellier fan for a long, long time).

we also ate at the flying fish in august. they're big on their signature cocktails and their happy hour, so to get a feel for the place, you could even pop in around 5 for happy hour and grab some drinks and eat elsewhere to try and get two experiences in one night. if you do eat there, you wont be disappointed. the food is rich, but wonderful. and the pastry chef is a worldwide award winner, so you can't pass up dessert.

flying fish is also a solid play. my wife is trying it for the first time in february. i'm not a huge fish guy, so the fact that i can safely say that i love bluezoo and flying fish is a testament to how good both places are. go with either of these three and you can't go wrong, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom