Help us decide!! Riviera, BLT, or Kidani?

ToInfinity

Original Poster
Hello! Planning a trip for June. We have bounced around different resorts, but have decided on a 1-bedroom villa at either BLT, Riviera, or Kidani. It has been years since we have stayed deluxe, but we have done Boardwalk and WL before so we have a general idea of what to expect. Pros and Cons of each option please? Great experiences? Travel to parks? For reference, we will have 4 adults on the trip.

nickys

Premium Member
Hello! Planning a trip for June. We have bounced around different resorts, but have decided on a 1-bedroom villa at either BLT, Riviera, or Kidani. It has been years since we have stayed deluxe, but we have done Boardwalk and WL before so we have a general idea of what to expect. Pros and Cons of each option please? Great experiences? Travel to parks? For reference, we will have 4 adults on the trip.
Riviera has the new Murphy bed in the living room, which has a proper mattress. That would be comfier by far for the second couple. And there’s a split bathroom with a stable door in between. Skyliner access to both parks. I haven’t stayed there but really want to!

Bay Lake and Kidani have a second bathroom but have the pullout sofa bed. I’ve stayed at both.

In “normal times” Kidani has access to the facilities and the activity schedule for AKL. I would so like to do a few days non-park trip there. But right now I’d rule it out.

Which leaves Bay Lake with walking access to MK and the Contemporary facilities, but no Epcot monorail running yet. Even though it’s my home resort, given a free choice where money wasn’t a factor I’d go with Riviera.

Club Cooloholic

If you plan on renting a car, I can't stress how great it is to park and be in your room in a few minutes at Kidani. And of course if you pay for the Savannah view, it's easily the best view going.
I agree that Riviera looks good though too, and seems to hav more dining options right now, but it may only have one bathroom as opposed to the 2 you get at Kidani and BLT.

ToInfinity

Original Poster
Thank you all so much! I think we’re going to go with BLT. If anybody has any specific tips or anything for there, please share!!!

Gaston's gal

We are at the Riviera for the first time this weekend. They have incredible food & drink options for their Quick Service (at Primo's, Bar Riva and La Petit Cafe), an INCREDIBLE dinner at Topolino's, numerous lounging areas for any time of the day and the room accommodations are very nice. I would definitely choose the Riviera for four adults for the resort only. Didn't even feel the need to discuss the access to the parks with the Skyliners because the resort itself makes it a fabulous choice. Enjoy!

MickeyLuv'r

You can use the monorail to access dining all along the Monorail line, plus Ft WL and WL via shuttle boat- or at least you could in the before times. I haven't stayed at BLT, but when staying at CR, I prefer Lake view over MK view. Morning = sunny balcony, and afternoon = shade. At the CR Tower, a lake facing room also means being able to see the pool from your room, which is always helpful at WDW if you want to use the pool. Whenever lightning gets close to WDW, they close the pools. Storms are very common in the warmer months, and it can be completely sunny. So from a practical standpoint, it is always helpful to be able to see the pool from your room, so you know if it is worth putting on swim attire and walking down to the pool.

The lake view very pretty any time of day.

aliceismad

I've only stayed at BLT in a studio, but we really loved the experience. You do have to walk over to the Contemporary for food options, but there is a covered walkway and it is a short walk. (The walk to some rooms at Kidani might be just as long, and some food options you have to go from Kidani to Jambo for.) We also found the pools at BLT and the Contemporary a bit lackluster, but only because the theming isn't as magical in my opinion.

However, if you love Magic Kingdom, there is little better than being able to walk to your room after a long night or seeing the fireworks from your balcony. FYI, some of the rooms classified as Lake View actually do have a view of the fireworks, if you request the right rooms. I used the floorplans on Touring Plans to figure out which rooms I'd prefer and sent a nice request, which was granted.

Last edited:

durangojim

Stayed at BLT in a 2 bedroom theme park room this past July and it was wonderful. Walking to MK was great. The pools were meh but I still think I’d prefer BLT TO AK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom