Help, need runDisney planning advice

jimga

Original Poster
Hi all, fist post, I just found this forum doing research on runDisney. I am kind of clueless, I have never done one of these events and I do not know of anyone who has. With that said, several questions...help...

My inquiry is specific to Walt Disney World, Cali is too far to travel.

I will be doing it as a family, I prefer 10k, but can consider a 5k, half marathon..forget it..lol

I am looking at the November Wine and Dine event, as well as the newly announced Star Wars event in April.

What day is the 10k usually on?

Is there a discount on on property hotels and how much can I except to pay for a room in a moderate resort with the rundisney package?

Are the races typically on the same weekend every year? As in the first weekend in November, etc...

TIA...Jim

imagination30

rundisney.com to sign up for info on future events and look at info . , as far as i know the window of wine and dine is sold out.. seeing that its like 2 weeks away. , but you might want to hurry to sign up for star wars .. bc thats a hot ticket ... and might sell out in mins .. like all the other run disney events!.. but they are fun and addictive!
the 10 k is usually on thu or friday i dont remeber! ...
i think the i saw where the 2017 calander is out on the run disney fb page!

dreamfinder

The events follow the same format, short races first building up to the culminating title race. The events are usually on similar weekends, except for when runDisney decides to completely move them around. At @imagination30 said, they just released the 2017 calendar, and the 2016 events are floating around as well. W&D doesn't have a 10k currently, so that may factor into your planning.

Discounts will depend on the event. runDisney may offer a small discount for the non Marathon weekend events (January) if you booked through them, you can see the discounts for the W&D race in a few weeks and compare them to rack rate and see how much of a discount it actually is.

You do need to plan participating in a runDisney event in advance as they tend to sell out well before race date, and often within days of going on sale.

JillC LI

You do need to plan participating in a runDisney event in advance as they tend to sell out well before race date, and often within days of going on sale.

It's too bad that that's the case nowadays. Back in 2009, our family had a trip booked in October. I found out a few months before the trip about the TOT13K race and decided to sign up for it on a whim since it would be held on our last night of vacation. I'm sure I couldn't do something like that now.

MickeyMomV

The Star Wars dark side 10k will be our 3rd race. We are addicted!!! A couple of things to keep in mind.
-You mentioned racing as a family - keep in mind the age limits for 1/2 and above is 14 and above.
-I would recommend racing on the weekend you arrive. Trying to keep a running diet all week and running the day before you leave is just too hard.
-The "bling" is so much better for everything above the 5k. 5K and below are rubber "medals".
-You need to be ready to register the minute the race opens for registration. The Dark Side 10K and Challenge races for 2016 sold out in about an hour as do most of the races.
-You need to plan to be in the "world" at least 24 hours before your race to get your packet.
- Plan to dress up! If you don't you will be in the minority for sure.
- Plan to have fun!!! Every race we have been to has been a blast!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom