Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

Schneewittchen

Original Poster
My nuclear family is going to WDW with another nuclear family in April for spring break. They're our Friday night fraternal organization drinking buddies - basically $2 beer and wine at the Legion or Knights.... so we know we can have fun together. And the other mother and I are Disnerds... but my family goes more frequently than hers. And we're all fairly active and like music/dancing.

We've decided to get a babysitter for the 4 kids one night and go out for a Disney night on the town. We're staying at CBR, but I'm thinking the Epcot resorts will work best because I think we'll end up going dancing at the Atlantic Dance Hall.

We should have a nice table service dinner before getting our drink on. We'll be eating a lot of kid-friendly garbage otherwise. So please help me pick a place. I went to Flying Fish several years ago before the remodel and liked it. But the only other restaurant I've been to in that area was a blah character meal at Garden Grove Cafe last year. A Disney-foodie friend suggested Il Mulino and Yachtsman Steakhouse as well. Which do you prefer? Can you offer any other good choices?

Also, for the bar crawl. My foodie friend also suggested AbracadaBar. Any other bar crawl suggestions?

What do you think of Jellyrolls? I'm not a dueling pianos kind of girl, but I know some people love it.... I went to Howl at the Moon in Orlando a few years back and it was okay.

What about Atlantic Dance Hall? Is it a good place for a bunch of 40-somethings to get our groove on?

SeaCastle

I have to vouch for the Belle Vue Room at the Boardwalk, which is beautiful and cozy and has a great drink selection and phenomenal barkeep. The interior portion is quiet but I'm sure you could take over the veranda/porch area with no issue. I've heard good things about Jellyrolls, and have heard Abracadbra has lost some luster but have not experienced it for myself.

The Pho

Shulas is the best restaurant in the area (and by area I mean Disney World as a whole), followed by Trattoria al Forno (for the Boardwalk area). So depending on how fancy or expensive you want go to one of those. Both also have bars. Abracadabar is more active than the Shulas bar.

If you go to Shulas, buy Tables In Wonderland if you can. That meal alone will likely pay for it.

Last edited:

westie

Ever try "Drinking Around The World"? Start at one side of World Showcase and have a beer in every country! It's really not that bad because of all the walking. As far as food? Pick a country.

zurgandfriend

have agree with a nice dinner at Shula’s followed by a pub crawl through the world showcase, perhaps you don’t want an alcohol drink in every country but visit each a n sample what intrigues you.

If you're looking for a pre-dinner drink location, we're big fans of Crews Cup Lounge at the Yacht Club. It's such a cozy place, with a very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Great place to get the night started!

OneofThree

The Flying Fish is probably our favorite signature these days. The decor, service, and food are all very, very good, IMO. AbracadaBar being just next door is also quite convenient.

Hockey89

Todd English's Blue Zoo or Shula are much better than the other two options... I wont ever go back to the YM... Steaks are a joke now...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If you're looking for a pre-dinner drink location, we're big fans of Crews Cup Lounge at the Yacht Club. It's such a cozy place, with a very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Great place to get the night started!
I was just going to suggest Martha's Vinyard... for the same reasons.

Schneewittchen

Original Poster
Wow. Thanks for all of the suggestions. Now watch we go and find the cheapest and most basic option..... because I don't want to make the other couple feel put out. :p

Now if only Disney would get their act together and fix their darn website so I could make my ADRs. I even called, the reps can't make reservations either. Grrrrr.

Rinx

I think you would all enjoy Jellyrolls a lot. They usually have a drink of the day served in a 32 oz cup. Had three of them my last trip felt pretty darn good :cool:o_O

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I guess it also depends on how much time you are allotting for this. If you have a good deal of time (say 5pm-12am) then you have a lot of options.

I think, put in that position my plan would be something like this:

Bus CBR to MK.
Walk to Contemporary (Drink)
Monorail to Poly - Trader Sam's (Drink)
Monorail to GF - Dinner Narcoossee's - after dinner drink Citrico's
Minnie Van/Uber/Lyft to Boardwalk
Abracadabra (Drink)
Atlantic DH/Jellyrolls

If you have a Park Hopper or AP - you can always dip in IG for a quick drink at R&C and/or over in France.

Tony the Tigger

I voted for Yachtsman.

Flying Fish was our favorite restaurant on property for years before the remodel. We love the new decor, but not the new chef. We’ve given him several chances out of loyalty and fond memories for the place, but always leave a little bummed (and we’re not complainers, we can roll with a lot.)

But you can still sit at the bar!

And Abracadabar is what used to be the candy store. So just take a few steps and you’ve “bar hopped” lol.

I have never seen another person inside Jellyrolls. Maybe we go at the wrong time.

Side note: they do have karaoke every night at the Swan. That can be fun. And more drinks.

Phonedave

For food I give the vote to Trattoria al Forno - a good value (for a WDW restaurant). Good food, and when the bill comes you don't feel like you were dragged down an alley and had your wallet stolen.

Me, I like Jellyrolls. I think it's a lot of fun. If you are specifically looking for dancing, then an other place may be for you. But for a place where you can have fun and get sort of boisterous, then that is the place. I would not consider some of the resort lounges to be the place to go if you plan on talking loudly, laughing loudly, and just being loud in general. I know the atmosphere at fraternal organizations (Freemasons) and the resort lounges are usually a little more low-key

-dave

BASS

Another vote for Bluezoo. It's very pricey, but fantastic. It's very adult-ish. It has the feel of a Vegas restaurant. (Get the sangria.) I also second Flying Fish, although it'll be a bit more packed and less private. I'd look at both menus and pick the one you prefer. You will not go wrong with either.

(Personally, I tend to avoid steakhouses on vacation simply because I have similar options at home.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom