Help me plan a one day visit to the DLR - Now a second visit on April 28th to DL/DCA

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
OK, I am playing a full tourist visit to the DLR with Lisa, maybe Friday, October 25th.

DL open 8 to 11
DCA 8 to 10

Fantasmic, Fireworks and World of Color are offered.

I will bring my ECV, Lisa will use her feet.

Will buy MaxPass.

Priorities are the E tickets and showing Lisa Galaxy's Edge. Also Flag Retreat.

Know we will do Fantasmic, Fireworks and WOC in that order since the only WOC is 10 PM.

OK, time to have fun and treat me as a tourist....

Sailor310

Don't forget to make a reservation for Oga's Cantina 14 days out ( or whatever the period is in Oct). I can take it or leave it, but you have to see it once. Bring a change of clothes and flip flops. Put your shoes etc. in the free lockers to the left of GRR, then enjoy my favorite ride.

PiratesMansion

I don't know if they alter the timing of the nighttime offerings at all in the Fall, but if they keep Fantasmic at 9 and the Fireworks at 9:30 as they do in the summer, it is going to be extremely difficult if not impossible to see all three shows on the same night. It's going to be difficult to maneuver through all of those people efficiently that will be trying to move around or leave the park to get where you need to be, especially if you're aiming to be in ideal viewing areas.

Even if you are able to do it successfully, I find it exhausting to try and do more than one of those shows the same night. It will not be fun for your wife to be potentially standing for three nighttime spectaculars in a row after a long day at the park, plus the stress and time of getting from one area to another.

I would pick the nighttime offering you most want to see and focus on that. Save the others for another night. It will make your experience much more enjoyable and less stressful.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Passing on Oga's. I saw it in preview mode. Not worth the time.

As for the three night events, We know how to do it. My wife walks a lot, about 12 miles yesterday.

We have 1 day comp tickets. By no means rookies, just doing it as guests would, for informational reasons.

As for my shoes, they are a combination of prescription shoes with a combination foot/lower leg brace. Made with Carbon Steel and can handle water. But we habe done GRR many times, and with no changes, not a priority.

SuddenStorm

Rope drop, obviously.

If DCA is a must, go there first and get fastpasses for Midway Mania, guardians, Soarin, and Incredicoaster. Single ride RSR. Shouldn't take longer then 2 hours or so.

Then, hop on back over to Disneyland and get fastpasses in this order-

Space
Matterhorn
Indy
HMH
Star Tours
BTMRR
Roger Rabbit
Small World
Buzz

Fill in with the shows + riverboats + FL dark rides in between waiting for your fastpass returns.

Save Splash for late at night when you can get your own log.... With two people say in the middle, getting wet won't be much of an issue.

Plaza inn Fried chicken is the best $18 meal in the resort, and depending on appetite could theoretically feed two.

Funnel cakes at Stagedoor (avoid Hungry Bear-slow service and lousy staff) are also a great value.

If you're able to close out the park, the wait times after 9 pm have plummeted lately. Makes the last 2-3 hours really delightful and pleasant.

George Lucas on a Bench

I guess unless you're enjoying the fireworks from the esplanade and then hightail it for the WOC area during the finale, how do you go from a 9:30 fireworks start time to 10:00 WOC?

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I guess unless you're enjoying the fireworks from the esplanade and then hightail it for the WOC area during the finale, how do you go from a 9:30 fireworks start time to 10:00 WOC?
Yes, I plan to watch from Main Street Plaza near the Fire Station. Have done it many times. And usually the WOC doesn't start on time.

The last part of the schedule doesn't worry me, and if we miss WOC, oh well......

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
OK, I will be getting MaxPass even though I will also be using ADA access. Avoids retiring and waiting.

iasw is closed for the holiday makeover.

For me, riding Splash is just to see how badly it is kept up currently.

Thanks for the ideas.

Keep them coming

SuddenStorm

OK, I will be getting MaxPass even though I will also be using ADA access. Avoids retiring and waiting.

iasw is closed for the holiday makeover.

For me, riding Splash is just to see how badly it is kept up currently.

Thanks for the ideas.

Keep them coming

In my opinion, Splash looks the best it's looked in 4-5 years. At least inside. Varies daily though.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
It's all relative though. Still far from perfect.
Shame.

But why I want to see for myself.....

So based on what I think, we want to do Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Mark Twain, maybe Tom Sawyer, BTMRR, PotC, HMH, Splash, Target Run, Matterhorn, Space Mtn, Opera House, Flag Retreat.

At DCA, Soarin, Incredicoaster, Goofy Sky, Ariel, laugh at the new PP kiddie rides, GotG, WOC, Cars Land, Frozen?

But we are going to play it loose, and adapt (add or delete) depending on time....

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I should add Peter Pan for my wonderful wife.

A long time ago I rode Splash on the first day after va long rehab, I sat in the front seat to take photos.

At the end, I came off totally soaked head to toe. Starting with the faux splashes when a log drops down the main fall, and I was at the beginning before the first true lift hill. Then when the "dry" sections goes back into the water, and then at the bottom of the main drop. Clearly things needed a bit of tweaking and adjustment.

Made a few CM's day as they got to see me drenched. And spent a few minutes with a suit describing all the places I got seriously wet on the ride, so they could address them. Got both a merchandise voucher and food voucher as an apology.

A very interesting ride. I mean, I was wetter than a big drench on GRR.....

Touchdown

DCA has EMH on Friday so here’s what I do:
Open the Toy Story Lot at 7:00, catch first bus
Line up for DL
Schedule first Maxpass for Matterhorn, get FP for WOC
At rope drop be towards the front of the crowd and do Peter Pan
-Mr Toad
-Dumbo
-Pinocchio
-Snow White
-Alice (should be your first 10+ min wait)
-Matterhorn FP (book Space Mtn)
-Storybook Cruise
-Should be about 9:00, go to Toontown and get your picture with Mickey (your a tourist right?)
-Ride Roger Rabbit
-Should be able to book your next Maxpass, if Star Tours wait is still short, book Indy, otherwise Star Tours
-Head to Star Tours via foot if you are going standby otherwise take the train to Space Mtn
-Ride Space Mtn, Buzz and Star Tours, book a FP for Indy if you haven’t done so yet
-With the left side done it should be about 10:00ish, head to Frontierland. If BTMRR is under 15 min ride, otherwise proceed to next step
-If HMH is still under 20 min ride that and then backtrack to Pirates and ride that
-Use your FP for Indy
-Time to start booking DCA Maxpass, book GotG first, then TSMM, and then book the other one as soon as you can. Next book a Max Pass for Soarin, and then remember to book another GotG FP for Monsters After Dark.
-Check the wait times on attractions you haven’t done in Disneyland, do anything that you want to less then 15 min, eat some lunch, then head over to DCA
-Inbetween your DCA FPs do anything else you want over there and use SRL for RSR and GRR
-Once you’ve booked all your DCA FPs book some more DL FPs for rides you haven’t done. Once you’ve done DCA head back to DL and do any attraction you missed this morning, and eat dinner
-Around 9:15 line up on Main Street for Halloween Screams and enjoy, then use your FP for WOC
-Head back to DL after WOC and end your day at SWGE on Smugglers Run

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
OK, I am playing a full tourist visit to the DLR with Lisa, maybe Friday, October 25th.

DL open 8 to 11
DCA 8 to 10

Fantasmic, Fireworks and World of Color are offered.

I will bring my ECV, Lisa will use her feet.

Will buy MaxPass.

Priorities are the E tickets and showing Lisa Galaxy's Edge. Also Flag Retreat.

Know we will do Fantasmic, Fireworks and WOC in that order since the only WOC is 10 PM.

OK, time to have fun and treat me as a tourist....

Mr Beer are you asking for planning advice to DL resort? That's like Elon Musk asking for advice on how to drive a Tesla Model S! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom