Help Deciding Resort.

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
So we are planning a surprise trip for our sons 7th Birthday in Oct. It will be 4 of us, my husband, the birthday boy, our other son who will be 1.5 by that time, and myself. We stayed POP last November - and while I have always been a fan of POP, never again! It may have been the time we went, but Pop was CRAZY. It took one morning over an hour to get breakfast!! :banghead: Not to mention we all ended up SICK - not blaming POP - but the memories!!! lol!

That being said, we are hoping for Fall Free Dining, and are looking to stay at a Moderate Hotel. We did POFQ for a week before and really had a great time, we also did one night at POR and liked it a lot, even though we didn't really enjoy it. My question is, should i stick to either POFQ or POR, or try one CBR or CS?

Disney Shib

I am a fan of Coronado Springs but the walk to the buses can be pretty intense if you're put in one of the rooms in the back of the resort. Ever think about a family suite at AoA? They are really nice and the resort is alot of fun. Perfect for those two age groups.

Ben_since_1971

CBR has the Pirate themed rooms and a great main pool - two actually. One main one with a slide, and a smaller water feature area with a slide, and a pirate ship (I think) that dumps water - perfect for the little ones. There are also beaches the boys could play on.

The resort is big and the Pirate area is a walk from the Food Court/main pool, but if you know that going in you should be fine.

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
I would opt for AoA with a Cars or Lion King suite :) I think boys would love that!

I would love AoA but they are usually excluded from any deals. :(

CBR has the Pirate themed rooms and a great main pool - two actually. One main one with a slide, and a smaller water feature area with a slide, and a pirate ship (I think) that dumps water - perfect for the little ones. There are also beaches the boys could play on.

The resort is big and the Pirate area is a walk from the Food Court/main pool, but if you know that going in you should be fine.

I was thinking this!! Since we are going for my sons 7th bday, I was thinking of the Pirate themed rooms. I have to sit and see how it adds up money wise, but this is a huge reason why I am thinking of doing a different resort other than POFQ or POR. As for the walk - like you say I will know ahead of time. The walk do suck - i've had longggg walks in POP, however I know I am not the only one! And we really only walk to and from the buses...since we don't' really eat in the room. If i am not mistaken, CBR also has the Pirate Cruise that leaves from the beach. My son did the one that leaves from the Yacht Club in November and LOVED it. This would tie in the whole pirate theme quite nicely.

I am a fan of Coronado Springs but the walk to the buses can be pretty intense if you're put in one of the rooms in the back of the resort. Ever think about a family suite at AoA? They are really nice and the resort is alot of fun. Perfect for those two age groups.

Since they exclude AoA suites from the deals - at least last time I checked for free dining, I'd have to stay away. :( I on the other hand am DYING to stay in a Little Mermaid room, however I am outvoted by 3 boys :(

MOUSEGIRL

I would say Caribbean Beach Resort. We took my son when he was 7 for the first time and he loved it. We have moved up to Deluxe now but would stay at Caribbean beach resort if I could not stay in the deluxe resorts.

mcurtiss

We like CBR. good theming, fun pools. I think next time i'd like to try to be closer to Port Royale than to the Custom House.

Mot

AOA Suites are now offering deals on some dates, the Little Mermaid section is not, seeing they have no problem filling the rooms. Hope this helps.

aw14

Personally a fan of POFQ. Awesome theme with a great pool. I have stayed at Coronado and CBR, and would choose FQ every time.

FitzherbertFreak

French Quarter and Riverside have both always been dependable for me. However, I love Coronado as well. The atmosphere is great, and they have an outstanding pool - especially for the kids. However, since you are going with two boys, I would consider the Pirate Rooms at CBR. I honestly don't know... All the moderates have been good to me. What time in October are you going? Do you prefer to be closest to a certain park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom