HELP! Birthday fun for my parents!!

speed19067

Greetings!

I will be traveling to Disney World for my 7th time with my family this April!!! We will be staying in the new Animal Kingdom Lodge, so I am VERY excited!

But…. I need some help! I want to do something special for my parents this trip, because our vacation is around their birthdays. WHAT CAN I DO FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALMOST DONE EVERYHTING!??? Lol, as you have read, we have made the trip to Disney World on several occasions...so I really need some ideas on something to do that's VERY special. Thanks so much for your help!

Regards,
Dan
speed19067

Debbie

sneak to the front desk when after you check in and tell them. They may put some balloons or somewhat in while you are out. The Mom may have a better idea of what is neat for parents as I believe she responded to a thread about birthdays in WDW before

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Go to a character meal (yes I am serious) and tell the people their. We did this for a birthday (adult) and it was great. We did it at the Garden Grill. The characters are really great when they know there is a special occasion.

Upvote 0

cm1988

Originally posted by speed19067
...something special for my parents this trip, because our vacation is around their birthdays...
Do mention the birthdays at the front desk. A small thing, but kind of fun is that they can arrange for Goofy to leave a birthday message.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

If your old enough and sensible enough, take your siblings with you for a couple of hours, so that your mum and Dad can have some time on their own. Much as they love and adore you, a little kid free time is the best present anyone can give you at Disney:animwink:

Upvote 0

MGMBoy

What I'd suggest is, again, depending on how old you are and everything. Offer to take your siblings for the entire day. (If you're lucky your parents will foot the food bill but even if they don't you can get some good eats for like $5 per person.) When I was there in Oct. it was just myself and my parents. (They needed me so they could get hotel discounts.) :animwink: It's amazing how terrific the parks can be when you don't feel like you have to run from ride to ride frantically. Let them relax and enjoy the slower things they might want to do while you run around frantically. :D Like I said though...It depends on how old the oldest of you is and if your parents feel comfortable with it. It's something o think about though. Especially since you'll be staying on property. You guys can catch Fantasmic! or something and meet them back at the hotel. (If they still need some convincing you could offer to leave voice mail messages at the hotel every couple hours letting them know where you are and what's happening. You should be able to leave the messages, and they should be able to recieve them, from anywhere in any park for free.) Enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

speed19067

Original Poster
Thank you!!!

Thanks to everyone for your great ideas! Although I do not have any children (still a college student), I do have a younger sister. I think It's a great idea to give my parents some free time...and a reservation for dinner at an Epcot restaurant (paid for by me!) may be nice. Thanks for all your insight and ideas!

Regards,
Dan
speed19067

Upvote 0

Maria

Go to the Mexican Pavillion and tell the Mariachi it´s your parent´s bday.... they will be glad to sing "Las Mañanitas" to them!

Just make sure you are on time for their show... hehe... Tell a CM first so they run and tell them, and you can surprise your parents.

Another thing could be telling the norwegians the same thing and ask them to do the special bday dance! There is a typical song for bdays that the norwegians sing and dance at home. I know this because my friends used to do it when we knew a guest was having a bday. ;)

:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom