Help! 6 Disney Addicts need resort advice!

Hi all! :wave:

We just returned from our 45th WDW trip in the last 24 years, so please know that we are not rookies by any means! I just wanted to get some advice on how could we resolve our situation.

Our family of 5 has grown up, and my youngest brother will be 18 before we arrive at WDW next year (late July/early August). He counted as a child through this past year (up to age 17), so we have been staying at POR, which we LOVE, for many years. Prior to that, when we were still kiddos, we stayed a few times at various All-star resorts, but really prefer moderate or even deluxe. Also, we have added my boyfriend (soon to be fiance!)

We now need accommodations for 6! We're looking for the most cost-effective way to do this, preferably avoiding the Value resorts which we have sort of outgrown. Where do all you other groups of 6 stay? We don't spend a ton of time in our room, as we are park openers and closers, so we don't need the $1500 a night suite.

Any insight all of my fellow experts could provide, we all would be forever grateful! THANKS!! (and excuse my verbose-ness!) :king:

lighteningqueen

I know you said no values, but Music has the suites sleep 6 adults 2 full bathrooms2 tv's One queen bed, 2 twins and one double bed. Perfect for getting ready, plus the kitchen area of a micro fridge, paper plates access, sink It is perfect unless you want 2 rooms.I promise you you will go back once you stay there.

Upvote 0

Motorpro

How can you outgrow values? I'm 55 and still prefer the magic of values to the stuffiness of deluxes. Always remember There is differance between growing up and growing old.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From a simple cost perspective 2 rooms at a moderate or the cabins at Ft Wilderness will be your lowest priced, non-value resort option. Two rooms at a moderate will tend to be just slightly more ($30 +/- per night) than one of the cabins but you will get a second bathroom and more square footage. With the cabins you will get a kitchen.

Upvote 0

Huglife

The Fort Wilderness Cabins are great. I stay at them with 5 or 6 adults. You only have one bathroom though so you may need a shower schedule.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

if you are considering the cabins know that there are comfort stations all over the campground that have nice clean showers as well as restrooms so that would help with "shower scheduling". We have a shower in our RV and sometimes I use that and sometimes I will go to the comfort station. I still haven't decided which stall has more room yet. Just factor in that once the electric light pagent is past the beach at night (around 10 during the summer) that the comfort stations get busy!
All Star Music family suites are awesome too.

Upvote 0

sbkline

What about a family suite at the new Art of Animation resort? I'm not sure if it will be available for a July trip or not, but that would be a chance to have a family suite in a brand new resort that you haven't stayed in yet.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Thats what I think I would love to try the cabins but at 289.00 night I just cannot do it either. If I were camping for a week in the mountains and enjoying just being at the cabin, fishing, hiking etc and in Colorad0, FOR SURE!!! BUT this is Disney and we spend all day in the parks so the Suites are a much cheaper choice and you get an extra bathroom and TV. Its a bit cheaper for 2 rooms maybe 40.00 but being all together and having a living room and fridge and micro is worth it.If you rented a fridge that's 10.00 more a night to add to are room . Check out the Suites at the different seasons it does vary. As far as the Art of Animation, someone reported on that and the suites are about 300.00 night.. This is no value resort guys read about it!!

Upvote 0

lbrad

My family of 5 has stayed at POR, FWC , ASMu Suites and Value Resorts (2 rooms gauranteed when kiddos were younger).

My preference is definitely ASMuSuites!!! Just stayed there in July with 6!!!
DH & I were in the queen bed while our teenage daughter popped an air mattress (single/twin) on the floor next to us at night. The boys (3 of them) slept in the living room.
Needed the 2 full bathrooms!!!! Loved the kitchenette/space. $259.00/night in July.
Highly recommend it :wave:

Upvote 0

NadieMasK2

You might want to look into renting DVC points from members that aren't going to use theirs. There are forums out there for this. I have seen some good deals on points for members who are desperate to recoup some money from lost weeks. Good luck. Of course the other option *gasp* is to stay off-site. I know it isn't quite the same experience, but it's what we did the last time we went since our kids are getting older and we had a boyfriend along. We got very roomy 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo for $69/night in peak season.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom