Trip Report HELLO DORIAN pluses by two more visits to the Coronado, we should have stock in United Airlines

4A83BE26-5637-4797-B569-41BFF1B42A30.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Original Poster
Since we had previously an unexpected tag along named Irma in 2017 we were anticipating an email from United with an offer for free changes to our reservations.

The email happened yesterday and we pounced on the Friday Departure. Get a few Park days in before we are grounded to our resort. There were only a handful of seats remaining and nabbed a few.

Today however not to our surprise the plane is 1/3 empty. :)

4D1CF9E0-1E50-4C7B-9402-C0E108BC8C03.jpeg

Gabe1

Original Poster
My family booked this trip 9 months ago. Difficult to arrange vacation times. So like with Irma the trip is still a go obviously since we are in the air currently above Tennessee :happy:

CF005764-79A4-4FF3-9AE8-37F6E4B6E1A9.jpeg

Our trip was to begin at BLT on Labor Day morning. We have frequently flown LD and it has always been a lovely trip to WDW. Don’t know why but this year the flights were ridiculously expensive on LD so we bit the bullet and booked Pop and planned to head down on Sunday morning. What is one more day right ??? on our annual long trip

I do not dislike values and Pop is my favorite of all the values but I prefer anything above that price point including Swan Dolphin, or Bonnet Creek or any Moderate. I so love both the Port Orleans resorts. We grand opened both of those resorts and normally return at some point each year. A bit ago the AP rate dropped for both the FQ and POR so we dropped Pop and picked up POR for our (in theory) one Bonus Day. But that too would change....

My DD and are bad influences on each other. My son always smiles in disbelief when we run it past him. *Wink wink* as We do add days to our trips frequently and often rebook resorts when prices fall as the dates near. He has learned to *smile and nod.* ;)

EDIT: Hello Georgia.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Original Poster
Maybe you can answer this... what happens if you had free dining and you have to change due to the hurricane, do you lose it?
If you cancel the whole trip is cancelled. If you delay trip in the window I Think the trip just shifts given availability

I was able to exchange Halloween tickets for Irma. We used our dining credits at the Wilderness Lodge the two days we were grounded to resort confinement. We just accumulated the snack credits for F&W Guests that had park tickets were given 2 one day tickets each to use anytime in the future to compensate for parks being closed.

Oh and we were given a flashlight but we never lost power with Irma.

Mainahman

My family booked this trip 9 months ago. Difficult to arrange vacation times. So like with Irma the trip is still a go obviously since we are in the air currently above Tennessee :happy:

View attachment 403638

Our trip was to begin at BLT on Labor Day morning. We have frequently flown LD and it has always been a lovely trip to WDW. Don’t know why but this year the flights were ridiculously expensive on LD so we bit the bullet and booked Pop and planned to head down on Sunday morning. What is one more day right ??? on our annual long trip

I do not dislike values and Pop is my favorite of all the values but I prefer anything above that price point including Swan Dolphin, or Bonnet Creek or any Moderate. I so love both the Port Orleans resorts. We grand opened both of those resorts and normally return at some point each year. A bit ago the AP rate dropped for both the FQ and POR so we dropped Pop and picked up POR for our (in theory) one Bonus Day. But that too would change....

My DD and are bad influences on each other. My son always smiles in disbelief when we run it past him. *Wink wink* as We do add days to our trips frequently and often rebook resorts when prices fall as the dates near. He has learned to *smile and nod.* ;)

EDIT: Hello Georgia.
wave when you pass us in Tennessee!

Gabe1

Original Poster
wave when you pass us in Tennessee!
I did wave. Did you not see me

Lightening passed for now

599DD5E0-63D5-4D88-866E-34E133854DCA.jpeg

To conclude the planning yesterday we receive the anticipated Dorian email from United complete with free changes. Booked Friday.

We held POR reservations for Sunday prior to transfer to DVC On Monday. Needed 2 nights more, Friday and Saturday Calling just said circuits busy try later. Then I remembered the AP special number and poof it was answered. We had a charming and helpful woman. She was having problems matching our POR Passholder Discount price at POR ‘cause it kicked in on Sunday night but found us an even better Passholder rate at Coronado which is currently cheaper than FQ or POR. So our CM grabbed the two nights for us. I was driving while DD was relaying info to me. I asked if we could dump POR for Sunday and just book the cheaper Coronado and then we would only need to transfer resorts once. Our Magical CM made it happen. Said thank you and wished her safety with Dorian which she appreciated.

And this storm bypassed us!!!

For you @figmentfan423

0F0B45EE-9076-4818-8C16-1C2F66CF2D27.jpeg

Gabe1

Original Poster
Hope you have nice weather during your bonus weekend to make up for the time you’ll be stuck inside.

Thanks! With Irma the parks were empty. We completely did MK and then rode everything at Epcot save MS bluck, and saw Illuminations
We were at the Wilderness Lodge main building so we lost 2 days but had a good time.

Last edited:

Mainahman

I did wave. Did you not see me

Lightening passed for now

View attachment 403742

To conclude the planning yesterday we receive the anticipated Dorian email from United complete with free changes. Booked Friday.

We held POR reservations for Sunday prior to transfer to DVC On Monday. Needed 2 nights more, Friday and Saturday Calling just said circuits busy try later. Then I remembered the AP special number and poof it was answered. We had a charming and helpful woman. She was having problems matching our POR Passholder Discount price at POR ‘cause it kicked in on Sunday night but found us an even better Passholder rate at Coronado which is currently cheaper than FQ or POR. So our CM grabbed the two nights for us. I was driving while DD was relaying info to me. I asked if we could dump POR for Sunday and just book the cheaper Coronado and then we would only need to transfer resorts once. Our Magical CM made it happen. Said thank you and wished her safety with Dorian which she appreciated.

And this storm bypassed us!!!

For you @figmentfan423

View attachment 403761
Nope :( darn work calls get in the way! its ok ill be down there in 8 days myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom