Height test balloons near Coronado Springs Resort

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Anyone know why these balloons were across the street from CSR yesterday?

2q37mg9.jpg

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
looking at google maps it's either part of the MGM development or some new building between the two

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think I found where this was take from. The red lines are the approximate area that is being viewed. The area marked in blue is considered suitable for construction and is rumored to be where a new employee parking garage will be build for DHS. Everything else in that area is considered un-suitable for construction, but is NOT considered conservation land. It could also be something related to Blizzard Beach.

Capture.JPG

mikeh

I think I found where this was take from. The red lines are the approximate area that is being viewed. The area marked in blue is considered suitable for construction and is rumored to be where a new employee parking garage will be build for DHS. Everything else in that area is considered un-suitable for construction, but is NOT considered conservation land. It could also be something related to Blizzard Beach.

So probably Blizzard Beach then, if your cone is correct

Edit: Judging by their height, and thus implied distance, I think it's possible they could be for the garage

djkidkaz

Would they really put a parking garage next to the fireworks launching site? wouldn't they have to build a bridge over World Drive which seems unlikely? I would think cast members would have no access to their vehicles around fireworks time due to safety which would be an issue.

mikeh

Would they really put a parking garage next to the fireworks launching site? wouldn't they have to build a bridge over World Drive which seems unlikely? I would think cast members would have no access to their vehicles around fireworks time due to safety which would be an issue.

Their current garage is located less than 1000 ft from the old launch point. This new garage, if that's what this is, could be placed roughly the same distance from the launch point and stay within the blue area

djkidkaz

Could be something for Blizzard Beach to compete with Volcano Bay. We already know Typhoon is getting an attraction to help keep its attendance up.

Biff215

I'm wondering if these are actually in the new pyro launch site. We know there are issues with adequate viewing locations within the park. Maybe they are looking at adjustments or hiw the show could be viewed from additional areas
This sounds like the most likely scenario. They just look too tall for Blizzard or a parking garage. At least that's my hope for Coronado's sake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom