Height test balloons near Coronado Springs Resort

Mawg

I'm going to discount anything fireworks related.
Really, with the height of those balloons the fireworks speculation seemed the most logical from a person not in the know. Looking at those balloons in the picture they were so much higher than the 2 story building in the front. I trust your knowledge, but don't the balloons usually represent the highest points of what they are building at the corners? Is there really a chance for a 10-15 story resort right here?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Really, with the height of those balloons the fireworks speculation seemed the most logical from a person not in the know. Looking at those balloons in the picture they were so much higher than the 2 story building in the front. I trust your knowledge, but don't the balloons usually represent the highest points of what they are building at the corners? Is there really a chance for a 10-15 story resort right here?

The area was a designated resort area, and I believe these aren't DHS pyro related.

Maybe TDO need another office block...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Aren't large chunks of Celebration Place vacant?

Truly... with as much space as they own, no need to put something that tall that close to Coronado... I can't even wager a guess how they could theme something that big so that it wouldn't look completely out of place when viewed from Coronado...

csmat99

Done some digging.

No confirmations yet but this area was being looked at a while back for a new stand alone resort.
Clearly it will be this.

upload_2016-8-26_15-32-49.png

djkidkaz

The site not to be named is stating that a parking garage for Cast Members is going in where we believed the water retention pond was being relocated to at the new Studios fireworks site. That's probably what these balloons were for.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The site not to be named is stating that a parking garage for Cast Members is going in where we believed the water retention pond was being relocated to at the new Studios fireworks site. That's probably what these balloons were for.

We didn't "believe" it, we knew it from the permits. I really don't see them changing the plans especially since the pond was put there so it could connect from the canal that runs along the east side of the park. I still think their article was incorrect.

Bocabear

Based on the first photograph, it the baloons were tethered directly to the building in the center, they would be showing a 20 story+ building... The baloons however look to be a good deal beyond the building in the center....which would make them even higher... 30 story? Plus?
I cant imagine these are for building sightlines as that would already be more than twice the height of the Contemporary and would tower over Cinderella's Castle...
They have to be for Pyro...surely.

Minthorne

Based on the first photograph, it the baloons were tethered directly to the building in the center, they would be showing a 20 story+ building... The baloons however look to be a good deal beyond the building in the center....which would make them even higher... 30 story? Plus?
I cant imagine these are for building sightlines as that would already be more than twice the height of the Contemporary and would tower over Cinderella's Castle...
They have to be for Pyro...surely.

It's

A. Stark Tower - The Marvel themed Hotel
or
B. Coruscant Tower - The Star Wars themed hotel
or
C. a pipe dream

KCL

I'm wondering if these are actually in the new pyro launch site. We know there are issues with adequate viewing locations within the park. Maybe they are looking at adjustments or hiw the show could be viewed from additional areas

This seems very likely. Those balloons are awfully high for anything else; certainly too tall for a parking garage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom