Healthy Eating

tink33

Original Poster
We are going later this year and have the Quick Service Dining Plan. I'm a little worried about finding healthier options. I called Disney and I can not order off the kid's menu because it would take credits away from our child. The person at Disney thought I was crazy beacause I did not want to each fries and junk food! :eek: Help!

Erin_Akey

The counter service locations now all have great healthy options. Gone are the days of burgers and fried and chicken nuggets and pizza. I love the baked chicken, vegetables, wonderful salads, etc. And almost all fo the locations offer things lke fruit instead of fries etc. They also have sugar free desert!

tigsmom

You really need to review the menus and see what is out there. I have found better selections in the hotels than the parks, but you should be ok there too. Don't forget all the walking will help to offset some of those extra calories. It's vacation so don't forget to treat yourself every now & then.

EvilQueen-T

i agree with tigsmom...we also often hit the resorts around whatever park we're doing that day (especially at dinner) as they often have more options. it's not impossible to eat healthy but i think the hardest place to eat healthy is at the mk so we often go to the gf, poly, or contemporary for food.

mickey2008.1

check out the menus on this site as well as wdw. There are many places that have healthy sandwiches and salads. anywhere you go .

CleveRocks

We are going later this year and have the Quick Service Dining Plan. I'm a little worried about finding healthier options. I called Disney and I can not order off the kid's menu because it would take credits away from our child. The person at Disney thought I was crazy beacause I did not want to each fries and junk food! :eek: Help!
Healthy options abound!

My wife and I were in-training for our first-ever half marathon during one trip. On WDW vacations, we eat almost exclusively counter-service. It is NOT all burgers and chicken fingers and fries. It IS helpful to go to allears.net so you can know which counter-service places have better options than others. But there are plenty of salads and grilled chicken and deli turkey and hummus and tabouli and roasted veggies and on and on.

Believe me, we were quite serious about our training, and we were NOT about to start assaulting our bodies with fatty red meat and fried foods. We ate and we enjoyed!

WVParkfan

We eat CS every day, but don't want to eat "amusement park food." Disney Counter Service is much more than hotdogs, hamburgers, and chicken nuggets. Sure, they have that everywhere, but there are many other options. AND, they don't cost too much more.

Magic Kingdom:
- Fresh fruit and bakery items at Mainstreet Bakery
- Turkey Bacon Wrap or Caesar Salad at Cosmic Ray’s
- Chicken Noodle Bowl at Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station
- Tuna sandwich or Fried Fish basket at Columbia Harbour House
- Hotdog at Casey’s Corner on Main Street. Baseball-themed place that I love!
- “Dole Whip” icecream float in Adventureland. YUM!!

Epcot:
- Sunshine Seasons. Hands-down the best CS restaurant in Disney. Asian food, rotisserie chicken, salads, panini's.
World Showcase going clockwise:
- Mexico: Cantina de San Angel counter service tacos and enchiladas.
- Norway: Kringla Bakery has Danishes and homemade Norwegian breads.
- China: Lotus Blossom Café for stir fried shrimp.
- Germany: My favorite! Somerfest for a bratwurst.
- Japan: Yakitori House for Teriyaki Chicken.
- Morocco: Tangierine café for Falafel wrap with couscous.
- France: Crepe’s at Crepes des Chefs de France.
- UK: Yorkshire County Fish Shop.

Animal Kingdom
-BBQ ribs at the Flametree BBQ, or a pulled-pork sandwich
- If you have to go to Pizzafari, then get a Caesar Salad or Italian sub. Disney pizza is horrible everywhere.
- Tamu Tamu in Africa has a Tuna Pita or a Turkey and swiss on Focaccia.
- Sweet & Sour pork at the Yak And Yeti Counter Service.

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
- Backlot Express has grilled Turkey and Cheese with red peppers sandwich
- Studio Catering has a Pressed Tuscan Deli sandwich and a greek salad.
- ABC Commissary has a Chicken Curry with rice.

:sohappy: The quick service place in the Contemporary Resort has awesome food.A good assortment of sandwiches and salads and awe inspiring cupcakes!!I think it's called Contempo Cafe!Sunshine Seasons in Epcot has a very nice assortment as well. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom